• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents The A-1 jacket

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
Well you've put out a warning to BK customers posting here. Mightily stressed that you are doing business with BK as if all this is somehow taboo here. All exaggerated and simply just not true.

What is true is members started noticing that the VLJ was becoming a BK only advertising site with their management controlling the flow of discussion to everything BK. Members awaited the arrival of customer's reviews and new jackets...even wondered and asked many times why they just weren't forthcoming. Some finally decided that there were many vender problems or delays associated with BK...but then plenty of new BK jackets were coming out in the BK arsenal to further advertise scattered throughout the forum. Where ELC..GW..and other jacket companies where brought up...promoted and discussed by excited 'members'..BK inserted itself into any jacket thread on it's own.

Seems that you and supposedly a few of your disgruntled PMer backers are 'all for' the big few repro makers scattering advertising into any discussion and even going so far as to say 'look here..ours is much better than the jackets you are discussing'..!!

Van

Van,

Nothing is exaggerated. If I had zero credibility I would name some of the members who share my thoughts. They are not backers. This is not a team sport. It is not us and them.

"you are right in that other members, myself included, wont post reviews for the reasons you quite rightly said"

There are a few on the forum that take offence at Platon's posts. Granted, hence my preference for Platon to post the pics on Facebook, where anybody interested in BK stuff can get a look. If they were posted here and Platon made a comment it would just add fuel to a fire that should never have started. Platon has toned down the number of posts in recent months. Like a racehorse his post count was set to punch him straight into the clouds. I am quite certain that the number of interjections has tapered off in the posts of others as well.

Like all the members here, Platon has the right of reply. Ken rarely pops in but when he does it is generally for the benefit of the forum. (Love my Bronco Ken!!) and Gary Eastman has too many pockets to put in the wrong spot. I don't know he makes a living?

I am not scaring off BK customers. I am just relaying my experiences and responding to the messages of forum members who have approached me as a satisfied customer. I will be ordering a Westfall soon and I have enquired about some rectification work on the two second hand GWs I have purchased. The USL has an unusual excess of sleeve lining in the left sleeve only and the 'short back' of the recently acquired Perry appears to be the waist knit pulling the back in tighter than it should be, and dragging it up the back. I can 'pull' the knit and the jacket sits perfectly?? Laid flat the measurement should be perfect. But it puckers? Andy has indicated he should be able to sort them both out and I would happily have him attend to both jackets. Every interaction with Bill Kelso since enquiring about a HBT lined A-2 has been highly positive. What is wrong with singing the praises of a jacket maker? I have not dealt with Good Wear based purely on the wait. Happy for others to get their jackets their way.

I do not get kick backs, I do not get favours. I got a jacket made. And I am happy with the process. And I am happy to reply to PMs. What others do with their hard earned is up to them. So Platon (if you're watching) just kick back and let things be. I hope you got the money for the camo HBT okay. That took my A-2 to $1400 worth by my reckoning... and I would do it all again. Come to think of it I WILL!!

Smithy! This is the point. We can talk about the jackets, as long as the guy that facilitates their manufacture doesn't. Like not being able to talk up your kids? Well two of em, the boy is a tad simple.

Smithy

ausreenactor said:
Well two of em, the boy is a tad simple.

Don't be too hard on the little bugger, he'll probably turn out to be a dab hand with the ladies Couchy ;)

Good post mate.

Jeff M

PLATON said:

OK Van we get it, you hate the maker. What about the jackets? Are they any good? What do you think?

I have a bit of experience here.
I was very disappointed with my BK M422. Not the quality I was expecting based on things I'd read posted on the forums and the BK web site.
Despite discussing it with BK the sizing was way off, and I was not happy with the leather quality.
BK's customer service was good...offering to exchange the jacket for an A2 made with Victory Horse leather...and bad, the offer made almost a year ago, no jacket as of yet.

Jeff M

Couchy, I understand from your post over at TFL that you do not have your BK A2 yet.
Some photos when it arrives would be appreciated.

Dr H

Jeff M said:
PLATON said:

OK Van we get it, you hate the maker. What about the jackets? Are they any good? What do you think?

I was very disappointed with my BK M422. Not the quality I was expecting based on things I'd read posted on the forums and the BK web site.
Despite discussing it with BK the sizing was way off, and I was not happy with the leather quality.
BK's customer service was good...offering to exchange the jacket for an A2 made with Victory Horse leather...and bad, the offer made almost a year ago, no jacket as of yet.

Delighted with my Type A-1: quality of hide very good indeed, extremely well tailored, no complaints about service (catered to a very picky customer).

A

Anonymous

We are all waiting for BK buyers to post their reviews, but you see that customers' reviews aren't always reliable. The leather used on the M422 looked OK but didn't feel OK. It required long break in period to feel right. Others loved it though. So, we witnessed it's a matter of personal taste in the end of the day, but taste can of course be subjective.

BK's goatskin is now replaced with new that looks and feels OK.
Jeff's unpleasant experience will be a distant memory when he receives the VHH A-2 (i.e. soon as he is no 1 in the list).