• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents The A-1 jacket

A

Anonymous

anything is possible
provided one is specific about his requirement.

bseal

Dr H said:
Platon, how easily would the pattern be modified to?
8400368606_99d6d940f3_o.jpg

The lay down knit collar and pocket flaps?

Don't do it Platon, it's a trick!

Dr H

bseal said:
Dr H said:
Platon, how easily would the pattern be modified to?

The lay down knit collar and pocket flaps?

Don't do it Platon, it's a trick!

I've got it, Steve...you're majormajor from FL :eek:

I should have realised...it's like Clark Kent and Superman...you never see them in the same room... :? :?

;)

bseal

If you like, please send me a pm with all the juicy details regarding your opera over at the hat shop?!

Dr H

Happily, if you're prepared for an angst-filled story of every day folks...and a p***k with a chip on his shoulder (why am I putting in asterisks? I know what I mean :lol: )

Rutger

Actually, I assume majormajor is a member here as well. He copied that picture of persimmon into FL, didn't he?
Sneakily peeping through a hole in the wall, so to speak.
I'm surprised the mods at FL continue to let him get away with his punches below the belt, with them being so civilized and all that.

That A1 looks good, the leather looks a bit thicker than that of ELC. Very, very nice leather.
I'd say it's right there at the top end of the repro A1's.

I think that wearing pics would do a lot to promote, but since I'm not in a position to buy one, I can't really insist, can I?

Platon, surely there must be a few Greek fellers around willing to model?

Andreart

Rutger said:
Actually, I assume majormajor is a member here as well. He copied that picture of persimmon into FL, didn't he?
I'm surprised the mods at FL continue to let him get away with his punches below the belt, with them being so civilized and all that.

That A1 looks good, the leather looks a bit thicker than that of ELC. Very, very nice leather.

I think that wearing pics would do a lot to promote, but since I'm not in a position to buy one, I can't really insist, can I?

Platon, surely there must be a few Greek fellers around willing to model?

The FL is a bunch of 100% Bull Sh!t. The mods there are Aero owners or co owners / shills for sale, and are only there to promote the Aero brand and product. IF ANYONE SAYS OTHERWISE, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!. I know this from personal experience. Go ahead, shut down this thread too. This is all comercial bullsh!t and i'm getting tired of it. We need a NON PARTISAN FORUM TO PROMOTE OUR HOBBY, not an Fuck!ng ad agency... here and over there. get it! good!.

Dr H

Rutger said:

Yes, he's here..., although I haven't seen any pearls of wisdom from him.
I had several apologetic exchanges with MODS at FL (and several other members via PM, also expressing just how he's been annoying other too) over letting the charmless nurk run on for so long (and in such a vitriolic fashion) without being checked, but there you go - the damage had already been done in my view.
I haven't bothered posting there since, nor will I - a straight slanging match is fine, albeit not something that I want to get into online, but having posts deleted/modified whilst allowing some anonymous bully with a huge chip on his shoulder about the education system to keep posting is not on in my view. I had thought that FL clamped down on this sort of thing, given previous experience with closed threads, but clearly not. The hat boutique mods lost a lot of my respect in a very short time over that one.

Rutger said:

The leather looks/feels very similar to older capeskin (i.e. visually very similar to period images of Type A-1 jackets and very similar in hand to the hide used in my old McGregor AN-J-3). As soon as I have jacket in hand then I'll post some images. It'll be slightly different from the Suit Up spec on which it's based (in terms of fastening, collar and pockets), but not so far off that potential buyers can see what it's like.

Dr H

Platon has confirmed that my custom BK Type A-1 is ready to ship.
Come on Platon, let's see those images please... :mrgreen:

johnwayne

Looking nice and pleased to see the raw edges on the sleeve seams like GW's and SFA's and unlike ELC's, who go for ther rolled edge (I'm sure there's a proper name) but I'm led to believe they exisited in both forms.
On the matter of A1's and the recent Blue/Olive options discussed in another thread - surprised no one has produced the 'butter' colour option that I believe early Naval flyers had! I seem to recall Aero produced a very limited number and was very tempted when they had one on their 'sale' page but which would have been, crikey, 8-10 years back now!!
cheers
Wayne

A

Anonymous

why didn't you say you liked butter?
we have butter and marmalade too

IMG_5265.jpg

accepting orders now!

johnwayne

Hmm...dark butter perhaps but very nice, although I'm sure the Aero version was bordering on a more yellow/cream (butter I think was how they described it) and not sure if it was an official USN issue colour(?) but it was quite cool looking and would look pretty damn good when worn in I reckon but seriously, I've often fancied an Olive A1 and then I like that blue now too - crikey, spolit for choice now!
Think I might need to off load something before I jump in though, but certainly food for thought!!
cheers Paton and keep up the excellent work.
Wayne

Dr H

Platon has just mailed some quick images of my Type A-1, which looks really interesting.

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

Pocket flaps and collar look grand, can't wait to try it on.
More images and review to follow.

wheat1479

Wow!! That is a nice piece of art,the flap is very nice.You are going to give,not so much the standard makers competition,but the Ralph lauren, obscene priced made in China,crowd.Because of the different colors and ability to please your customers.And cheaper,too.In the 90 s they praised the death of ma and pa small business,but with all the guys on here and elsewhere producing a return to quality goods,it is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Dr H

Very pleased that I went with the older style (single button/buttoned waistband/more curved pocket flaps).
The features are all a bit of an acquired taste, if you're used to seeing the two buttons/snaps, etc., but the A-1 nerd is happy.
Compared with:

I'm waiting to see how the collar looks when worn 'down' ...er... Platon? :ugeek:

Dr H

Boxed and ready to ship, but I've asked Platon to send it next week as I'd like to be on hand to take delivery in case there are any import hiccups.