• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "Liberty" horsehide

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
ausreenactor said:
There is an old saying that everyone should abide by - If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Well that ain't me concerning jackets or often times someone's behavior.

With jackets I generally remain reticent; however, behaviour will always rate a mention....

Rutger wrote; "...What I'm most curious about is who took over the company."

Me too, more then ever after finally going to their website based on all this. That "About Us" page is just about the silliest, most fatuous piece of copy I've read in awhile..especially for an outfit that charges 750 euros for a jacket. Their whole supply chain is a curiosity to me. I prefer a bit more transparency from a big-ticket bespoke item maker, but that is just my desire. YMMV. It sounds like the jackets do come through and people like them.

Skip

Just caught on this tread post Platon leaving or should I say kicked off, and its amazing how much excrement can be extracted out of it; for the point of gentlemen? and considering some of the recent posts I use that term very loosely indeed. I have 3 BK jackets, and had one before selling it on, not because anything BK had done wrong, more my mistake really. But love them all equally and I always found Platon rather helpful, as all at BK, but I'm a patient man. Some didn't see eye to eye and I believe their reasoning behind this in their own way is valid.

So now the deed is done, shall we move on to something more uplifting gentleman?

I guess there is no more spokes man for the bK product on this forum then?

Vcruiser

Just like there are no spokesmen for other companies participating here on a daily basis. There is the the 'link' section plus repro jacket fans (customers) who should keep members updated on BKs latest & greatest offerings like members do most other repro companies. Ken from Aero sometimes posts...but usually just to step in to answer an occasional question posted on a thread..as well as JC's also rare input. I don't remember Gary or Charles from ELC ever posting here (but maybe they have). DD & Mark F. were members here long before they started making jackets (as I remember) but haven't thrown up ads throughout the forum or caused a need for a 'Repro Manufacturing' section made just for them. Plus..I would think if they hounded or disrespected members by PM enough for those members to complain to management I assume they too would have their membership deleted. You don't think that Bill & Chris deleted BK for nothing do you? A few here seem to suggest that...but then admit that they don't know exactly what may have went on for Platon's membership to merit a delete. Bill French explained managements decision without certain specifics for a reason. It seems there must have been complaints resulting from 'Personal' Messages that are personal...unless some members complain to them about a company rep(or anyone else) miss using that option. The rest of Platon's plight is here in posts for all to see...but a few would rather ignore any of that and still suggest that Platon surely was deleted 'unfairly'...no matter what.
Van

Vcruiser

A re-read of Bill's statement in the announcement section and perhaps the Repro Manufacturers Rules and comments posted above that section would be helpful. Keep in mind..the reason for the Repro Manufacturing section was mainly set up because of only one manufacturing rep's over enthusiastic advertisements throughout the VLJ.

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
I don't remember Gary or Charles from ELC ever posting here (but maybe they have). DD & Mark F. were members here long before they started making jackets (as I remember) but haven't thrown up ads throughout the forum or caused a need for a 'Repro Manufacturing' section made just for them.
Van

Dave and Mark are the exemplars on how to go about making jackets as forum users, that's for sure.

bseal

"A2.."

Easy remedy. Can Couchy please post pictures of himself in his BK "beast"? Let the pictures do the talking.

Vcruiser

bseal said:
"A2.."

Easy remedy. Can Couchy please post pictures of himself in his BK "beast"? Let the pictures do the talking.

Absolutely...and any customer here that are happy or unhappy with BK's products....or any other companies jackets. That's what this forum was once all about...... ;)
Van

ausreenactor

Vcruiser said:
bseal said:
"A2.."

Absolutely...and any customer here that are happy or unhappy with BK's products....or any other companies jackets. That's what this forum was once all about...... ;)
Van

I posted this last year, but it must not have been worthy of clicking on back then?

I do have others at the USS Midway from memory.. I don't really buy them to parade them. I use(d) the forum to shape my buys and interests....and of course the sales!

This replaced an ELC Russet Rough Wear that was the sexiest shade of russet ever! Had a NOS Crown as well. Sold it, regretted it. BK found the shade of hide I craved and worked up the lining, sourcing it from China.

'Best jacket I ever had'. And now I have 'it' again. Only have three A-2s these days. Selling off the GW Perry and might even list old Murder Inc. 27752. The art work alone is a collector item now!

Will post a pic of the ELC RW I missed so much. Have to have a pic somewhere?

Couchy

foster

Charger needs to be painted orange with a 01 on the doors...
Yes I'm from the Good 'Ol South. :D

bretron

+1

That frogskin liner takes it over the top! Was inches away from copying you, using the beach side pattern facing out, on my upcoming Aeronaut, but wussed out at the last minute.

bseal

Anymore fit pictures? From the angle it is hard to see, and could appear loose or even a bit of tunneling on the wearer's right sleeve...probably just the shot?

ausreenactor

bseal said:
Anymore fit pictures? From the angle it is hard to see, and could appear loose or even a bit of tunneling on the wearer's right sleeve...probably just the shot?

Wearing it right now. Made to measure for my sleeve length. The knit is up as I am putting my hands in my pockets? On a high set pair of duds?

I forgot how good this A-2 is.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: