• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "Liberty" horsehide

A

Anonymous

In their continuous effort to satisfy their customers BK have developed "Liberty" horsehide.
This is a full grain Italian horsehide of exquisite quality as can be seen in the photos below. (looks much better in real life).
It is soft, pliable and lightweight, much in par with originals. It is drum dyed and top quality aniline finished.
It will break in, develop wrinkles and the color will wear off easily.
Speaking of color, the color will be uniform.

IMG_6056.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6058.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

IMG_6061.jpg

Currently BK is developing the leathers with the tannery and I will post here any info I will hear regarding delivery times etc.

Thanks

Persimmon

Platon
Is this Liberty Horse as an alternative to Victory Horse ?

or as a side by side choice for the contracts.

If you can choose either optionn when purchasing.
Are the costs the same ?

How much lighter is the hide in comparision to Victory Horse ?

A

Anonymous

Hi Alan,
The Liberty horse will not replace Victory horse if that's what you ask.
BK needed to have more horsehide options and hopefully, the Liberty horsehide will have better/faster turnaround times.

Yes, there will be an option when purchasing but I have no idea about costs yet.
The Liberty horse is slightly lighter than the Victory horse.

ausreenactor

PLATON said:
Hi Alan,
The Liberty horse will not replace Victory horse if that's what you ask.
BK needed to have more horsehide options and hopefully, the Liberty horsehide will have better/faster turnaround times.

Yes, there will be an option when purchasing but I have no idea about costs yet.
The Liberty horse is slightly lighter than the Victory horse.

This looks good Platon.

"If there be no enemy there's no fight. If no fight, no victory and if no victory there is no Crown." (Love this one)
Thomas Carlyle

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
Douglas MacArthur

OR

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
George Washington

A

Anonymous

nice quotes Couchy, thanks.

Here's mine:

"Victory (horsehide) is ours"

Silver Surfer

"the gods?, they must be crazy" -old swahili saying. i remember a movie some years ago that used a variation of that saying in their title.

Jeff M

Endless.

"Independence Hide©"
"Constitution Hide©"
"Paul Rever Hide©"
"We Hold These Truths To Be Self Evident Hide©"
"I Only Regret That I Have But One Life To Give For My Country Hide©"

There is a saying in the acoustic guitar fan community.....the more "American" the name of the guitar brand, the more likely it was made overseas. :lol:

ausreenactor

bseal said:
ausreenactor said:
bseal said:
"Dog & Pony Show Hide©" was already taken. Drats.

Went in late 2007 I think...

Speaking of which, did you get your ELC Air Comfort back yet?

In transit I believe. Spied the shipping docket. On the way to my parents residence. They have my dog over the holidays and our house move. Highly trusted... :cool:

Should be there by Christmas...

Couchy

mark

PLATON said:
In their continuous effort to satisfy their customers BK have developed "Liberty" horsehide.
This is a full grain Italian horsehide of exquisite quality as can be seen in the photos below. (looks much better in real life).
It is soft, pliable and lightweight, much in par with originals. It is drum dyed and top quality aniline finished.
It will break in, develop wrinkles and the color will wear off easily.
Speaking of color, the color will be uniform.

IMG_6056.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6058.jpg

Looking forward to getting my Waldo pepper in the Liberty HH, looks beautiful (although not quite as hot as the VH!). Hey, Andy, are you still going to do that mock-up of the Waldo in russet LHH? Would love to see it. Cheers, Mark
IMG_6059.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

IMG_6061.jpg

Currently BK is developing the leathers with the tannery and I will post here any info I will hear regarding delivery times etc.

Thanks