• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK on customers back thread

A

Anonymous

Got some as worn photos to show you, but I want to organize something first and I need some time.

Here's one for starters

20120628_094354.jpg

I know that many of you don't like the jacket pictured but that doesn't change the fact that 'The Perfect Fit' is at its Zenith right now.

More to follow.

A

Anonymous

So I was saying,
this jacket remained elusive ever since the movie came out, because, the story goes that the original maker had lost the patterns and when the internet made it able for the fans to reach him the only thing he could do was to re-create the patterns which he did but not successfully, so his jackets were not what the fans called 'screen accuate' (I don't think I need to explain what that is). Many other companies tried and failed in providing a jacket that would look, feel, drape and behave like the movie jacket. Then came Tony Nowak who made the jacket for the 4th film and was able due to his connections to get an original screen used jacket from the 1st film. He copied the pattern and made jackets which the fans thought were the best they had seen so far. And they were, because the pattern was right, but despite all that the jackets still didn't feel or drape like the movie jacket that was like a "cape" on Harrison Ford's back.
And then came BK. BK used the pattern from Nowak but replaced the heavy leathers he was using with a leather that was the exact same kind as the one used in the film. In the months that followed the BK Indy jacket (Relic Hunter) became No.1 choice for the fans many of whom admitted that it is the best Indy jacket ever since the film.

Here's why.
It took a bit long to compile this (and I have some more for later), but I wanted to satisfy ButteMT61's curiosity about how BK jackets look on customers' backs. Well here it is. Not only looking great on customer's back but great enough to be compared with the legendary film jacket. Better than anybody else's.

Please note some images had to be flipped to enable the comparison

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

g10.jpg

g11.jpg

g13.jpg

g14.jpg

g15.jpg

g16.jpg

g17.jpg

g19.jpg

g20.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks!
we did this comparisons photos without the guys knowledge and only a while ago, shared them with him.
Here's his reply

WOAH! That is incredible! LOVE IT! Now I wish I had gotten the poses alittle more accurate. I am waiting on a Streets of Cairo hat that is suppose to come in very soon and then I am planning on doing a photo shoot in a nearby woodsy area and a giant dirt hill to show off the distressed Kelso in the outdoor lighting. And I will try to get the poses just right.
I love how close the jacket matches almost perfectly and I wasnt even trying to match it up to any screen shots. Another great testiment to how accurately great your Relic Hunter is. Thank you so much!
I wanted to let you know, I know how anal some of these Indygear nerds are (me included, haha) so if you need me to take any particular shots to show any of your customers, feel free to ask and I can do that to.
Thanks again
VERY VERY COOL! Have a great day.....

ButteMT61

My first "real" leather jacket some years back was an Indy. I didn't care for it on me, so I sold it off. If I were to try it again, I'd have to say this is about the best-looking one I've seen in pics.

ButteMT61

Same guy, same jacket? I didn't doubt that this client is happy. That's the same fella/jacket, correct?

A

Anonymous

It's the same fella and he has good photogeny and his wife (or whoever) knows how to take a photo.
I was thinking to send all BK jackets to this fella to pose in them, but he is in USA and there will be a customs problem for sure.
(maybe we should do it with someone in EU if we find a volunteer)

BK has tons of other photos from other customers but not their permission to post. This fella gave his permission.

Also, the fella's jacket is regular size, no customizations whatsoever.

ButteMT61

I'd recommending just asking customers for some pics and permission to post them.
It would help your cause I think.

A

Anonymous

There is a small WWII battleship parked near here. I will go take a few photos of myself in BK jackets with the ship as background when the weather gets more jacket weather.

A

Anonymous

Forgot to say the jackets pictured are Aeronaut A-1 in russet Victory Capeskin and Westfall Special Edition in Badalassi Seal Brown. The handsome bloke is our member Silver Surfer.

bseal

Upturned collar? Back to the '80's for you.

Two well fitting jacket though. Congrats!

ButteMT61

Lovely jackets.
Couldn't pull off the color of the first one myself - at least not until I'm as silver as the surfer.
But the fit and hides, etc are lovely. Nice pics too. Raised the bar for the selfies we all normally post for sure.
If my chickens we're on strike I'd send the eggs on over :lol: