• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK A2 has arrived !

KevG

My A2 from Bill Kelso is here :)

sorry about quality of the pics - fading light and using camera on my phone. Unfortunately the pics don't do justice to the russet colour of the jacket so will try to take better ones soon.

It's a great jacket and fits perfectly (size 46")

I'm not as qualified as most on here, but to me the quality of the leather, stitching and knits is fabulous

IMG_20120606_174624.jpg

IMG_20120606_174549.jpg

IMG_20120606_174740.jpg

IMG_20120606_174715.jpg

IMG_20120606_174655.jpg

IMG_20120606_174639.jpg

Many thanks to Platon and Andy

well pleased :D

SuinBruin

Thanks for posting, it looks pretty good. The forum has tons of pics of A-2s by just about every repro maker except Bill Kelso -- it would be nice to have that gap filled, especially given Platon's involvement.

KevG

Thanks for all the comments

Just to be clear, although it has the RW label, I ordered the 'generic' BK A2 thats no longer on the website - I think that's borne out by the fact it has an 'Ideal' zip and no size label at the collar

Anyway, a cracking jacket :)

Jeff M

KevG said:
Thanks for all the comments

Just to be clear, although it has the RW label, I ordered the 'generic' BK A2 thats no longer on the website - I ..

??
That's a bit odd.
I'd think there could be some confusion down the line if it leaves your hands.

Roughwear

This BK house jacket appears to be based on a RW design, minus the nipple snaps and Talon/Crown zip. The workmanship looks good and all in all it's a great value A2. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews of the latest BK original maker jackets.

Persimmon

Roughwear said:
This BK house jacket appears to be based on a RW design, minus the nipple snaps and Talon/Crown zip. The workmanship looks good and all in all it's a great value A2. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews of the latest BK original maker jackets.

Have you got one lined up yourself Andrew
Perhaps the best way to judge and review one ?

KevG

Roughwear said:

eur400 delivered - excellent value (my Aero Real Deal is now £450 plus postage!!!)

As this 'house' jacket is no longer on the website I can imagine the scenario where they didn't have the old Bill Kelso labels so used a RW label instead

Its definitely a keeper so won't have to explain the background

Might do an Aero/BK comparison review sometime :lol:

Almagnifico

I have a Bill Kelso too and I really like this jacket. I certainly order another one at the end of this week.
Is this the new leather ?

ButteMT61

Looks nice Kev. Pics are hard to capture the essence of a jacket. But I'd say it's a winner. I know, I'm a shlub that also likes Aero, so my tastes are not as refined as some...
Congrats-would love to see some pics as it wears in, but that may be a while since summer is knocking! Enjoy.

Roughwear

Persimmon said:
Roughwear said:

I have a BK W&G M422 on order and will review it when it arrives.

KevG

ButteMT61 said:
Looks nice Kev. Pics are hard to capture the essence of a jacket. But I'd say it's a winner. I know, I'm a shlub that also likes Aero, so my tastes are not as refined as some...
Congrats-would love to see some pics as it wears in, but that may be a while since summer is knocking! Enjoy.

The hide is thinner than my Aero (but still tough) and the grain is real good

And with it being thinner leather it feels really good to wear - I reckon it will be a great jacket to travel in.

By the way, nice to meet another shlub :lol:

airfrogusmc

Roughwear said:
Persimmon said:
Roughwear said:

I have a BK W&G M422 on order and will review it when it arrives.

Nice jacket
My W&G 422 should be here any day now....Was shipped on May 30th

Hey Platon or anyone,
how long for shipping from Greece to the US?

I got spoiled by Dejan at Cultizm with two day shipping from Germany.

KevG

airfrogusmc said:
Nice jacket
My W&G 422 should be here any day now....Was shipped on May 30th

Hey Platon or anyone,
how long for shipping from Greece to the US?

I got spoiled by Dejan at Cultizm with two day shipping from Germany.

My jacket was also shipped 30 May and arrived yesterday - thats with a weekend and two public holidays in the way - so I guess yours should arrive pretty soon even taking into account you are in the US

KevG

Almagnifico said:
Have you got some news about Andy ?
I sent somes Emails but I have no answers yet... :?:

Had great comms from Andy, so maybe they are just a tad busy at the moment