• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

mulceber

yep, quite common ending in ancient Greek first names used to the modern day, such as Platon, Solon, Agamemnon, etc, seldomly or never used as last names though.
Enough with onomastics, sorry for derailing the thread!

Hey, I for one enjoy onomastics, and linguistics more generally. ;)

stanier

Thank you. I was prepared for a long wait and intermittent replies but It’s been 9 months now, and with the website going down, and obviously all of the trouble companies are facing this year, I’m feeling rather exposed and that if the company folded I’m not sure I’d have any way of contacting the administrators.
I'm with you buddy believe me. I have a similar issue looming with BK's sister company. Honestly I really believe you will get your jacket though when is another question, and of course just my opinion. I'm afraid it is the business model they have. Once your through your credit card / PayPal 6 months protection period it's blind faith unless there's some protection I'm unaware of. But I really do believe you will get it eventually.

I'm with you buddy believe me. I have a similar issue looming with BK's sister company. Honestly I really believe you will get your jacket though when is another question, and of course just my opinion. I'm afraid it is the business model they have. Once your through your credit card / PayPal 6 months protection period it's blind faith unless there's some protection I'm unaware of. But I really do believe you will get it eventually.

Damn, I didn't realise there was only 6 months on those.
I would be confident I would receive it were it any other year- with so many businesses going down this year I am worried about it, and the website disappearing does not inspire confidence. I don't know how long I should give it before asking for a refund, or if he'd even respond to me if I did.

Saint-ex

1602601503010.png

Rutger

While you never know, I wouldn't worry too much about Kelso.
Isn't Greece one of the few countries where corona didn't hit hard? That could mean their economy isnt suffering as badly.

Harris_HTM

While you never know, I wouldn't worry too much about Kelso.
Isn't Greece one of the few countries where corona didn't hit hard? That could mean their economy isnt suffering as badly.
Greece was indeed hit less by the corona mainly because the hard and early lockdown that was imposed (plus the benefit of great weather with eveyrthing happening outdoors). However this had a big negative impact in the, already fragile, economy; the final blow came by the limited tourism they had this year, they expect a 9,5% recession in the GDP. I don't think, however, that Bill Kelso, nor any other similar company has many local clients, such a jacket costs twice the minimum wage there.

Greg Gale

He posts regularly on Facebook, in groups like "Suit up!" so he's definitely alive and well. Looking forward to getting my Roughwear, but I only ordered it in June, so getting it before Christmas may be too optimistic :(

stanier

Greece was indeed hit less by the corona mainly because the hard and early lockdown that was imposed (plus the benefit of great weather with eveyrthing happening outdoors). However this had a big negative impact in the, already fragile, economy; the final blow came by the limited tourism they had this year, they expect a 9,5% recession in the GDP. I don't think, however, that Bill Kelso, nor any other similar company has many local clients, such a jacket costs twice the minimum wage there.
And that simple final sentence is why I'm left scratching my head why they can't at least employ someone to at least stay on top of the email, even if they can't reply to detail jacket questions. The business case must be overwhelming as I struggle to believe that everyone waits it out like us forum fools.

mulceber

Just heard from Andy. They finished my jacket, sent along a picture, and are shipping it out Monday.

0A943545-8A83-4194-A687-5EFDC786D709.jpeg

More importantly for all of us, Andy gave an update on what’s going on: apparently they suffered a cyber attack. The would-be hackers didn’t get anything, but BK is in the process of upgrading their security, which involves a lot of back and forth with PayPal, with days passing between each response from PayPal. They are, however, still hard at work making jackets and completing their outstanding orders.