• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

mulceber

Yeah, I’d say they’re my favorite as well. They’re definitely the ones I reach for most as I’m walking out the door.

Last edited:
I got an email from them the week before last saying that they’d just about finished my jacket (ordered March 19, FWIW) and would be shipping it soon. If you try to go to their main page, it says they’re doing site maintenance.

Yes I was told mine would ship at the end of August (ordered in January, sorry to hear that yours has taken a year and a half). I am nervous that ‘site maintenance’ is a cover for the business ceasing to trade. Unfortunately I can’t find what the limited company’s name is to check it on Companies House.
It might be Kelso Enterprise Ltd (it has an Andrew Kelso listed as director and is described as internet retail..?)

Last edited:

mulceber

(ordered in January, sorry to hear that yours has taken a year and a half)

No, no, no, no, “19” was the day, not the year. It’s been a little over 6 months. ;) Given that I heard from them so recently (Andy literally said the only thing they had left to do was attach the collar hooks), I’m inclined to take the site maintenance announcement at face value.

It might be Kelso Enterprise Ltd (it has an Andrew Kelso listed as director and is described as internet retail..?)

Could be, but Andy’s last name is Falzone. The name Bill Kelso is a reference to Steven Spielberg’s “1941”, in the same way that Buzz Rickson is a reference to a Steve McQueen character.

No, no, no, no, “19” was the day, not the year. It’s been a little over 6 months. ;) Given that I heard from them so recently (Andy literally said the only thing they had left to do was attach the collar hooks), I’m inclined to take the site maintenance announcement at face value.

Oh I see, well I hope you do receive it soon but mine has been two months’ longer (just a week or so away from 9 months now) and has already missed a promised delivery date: I know he’s famously not great at communication but the total lack of silence both on email and social coupled with the website going down does not inspire confidence.
If it is Kelso Enterprise they are at least still listed as trading.

Does anyone know Andy’s full name? Or have a phone number for them? I kind of feel like a complete sucker for giving my money to a company I have to ask these questions about.

See the previous post - Andy Falzone.
Thanks, yes I knew that about the Bill Kelso character which is why I thought that company seemed unlikely. It seems to be Falzon with no ‘e’ as far as I can see.
I can’t find their company number on anything I’ve received from them.

Last edited:

mulceber

Ah, that's possible as well. It would also make sense for a Greek name. If you're this worried though, I'd just email them again. Communication can be difficult, but they do respond. Sometimes it just takes a while.

Ah, that's possible as well. It would also make sense for a Greek name. If you're this worried though, I'd just email them again. Communication can be difficult, but they do respond. Sometimes it just takes a while.
Yes I emailed last week and tried again a couple of days ago.

stanier

That’s good to know, thank you.

is the company a UK one, does anyone know? I had assumed it was but perhaps I’m wrong. I’d really feel more assured with any kind of official contact.
Jackets are made in Greece. I did see on the website a while ago a UK address I think, somewhere in Milton Keynes of all places, but I don't have any clue that there's jackets or anything else is there. More like a PO Box type address I think. There was also a post from BK a few years ago talking of some exciting UK company tie up, but that fell silent as fast as it started. There's nothing wrong with BK products and I've never heard of anyone not getting their jacket. Its just the comms and backdrop that can feel shaky. It's a shame as fix those and I they'd do real well I suspect.

Jackets are made in Greece. I did see on the website a while ago a UK address I think, somewhere in Milton Keynes of all places, but I don't have any clue that there's jackets or anything else is there. More like a PO Box type address I think. There was also a post from BK a few years ago talking of some exciting UK company tie up, but that fell silent as fast as it started. There's nothing wrong with BK products and I've never heard of anyone not getting their jacket. Its just the comms and backdrop that can feel shaky. It's a shame as fix those and I they'd do real well I suspect.
Thank you. I was prepared for a long wait and intermittent replies but It’s been 9 months now, and with the website going down, and obviously all of the trouble companies are facing this year, I’m feeling rather exposed and that if the company folded I’m not sure I’d have any way of contacting the administrators.

mulceber

Being born and having spent 26 years in Greece, I can assure you that I have never come across such a, or similar, surname!

I was referring to the -on ending, which is common in Greek names (see, for example, Andy’s friend, Platon). I don’t know about the rest.

Last edited:

Harris_HTM

I was referring to the -on ending, which is common in Greek names (see, for example, Andy’s friend, Platon). I don’t know about the rest.
yep, quite common ending in ancient Greek first names used to the modern day, such as Platon, Solon, Agamemnon, etc, seldomly or never used as last names though.
Enough with onomastics, sorry for derailing the thread!