• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

P-47 thunderbolt

It was Liberty HH, so pretty standard. I think 3-4 months is more the norm.
When I enquired Andy said it was 8 to 12 weeks from order to delivery for liberty seal, I ordered the same day as that quote. At that time I wanted to be sure that it would be delivered before Brexit caused issues at the borders with potential extra customs charges. It was 1 day under 6 months that it arrived. The quoted production times are just fiction. That doesn't mean that it's not a good product, I would have been perfectly happy had they said wait time is up to 6 months. It would have saved me hassle, saved them pestering emails and saved notifying PayPal that I hadn't received an item before the my money would no longer be protected (6 months is the cut off)

mulceber

That’s fair. It just hasn’t been my experience. I wouldn’t call the stated production times a fiction though. It’s an optimistic estimate. Sometimes it’s a pretty good estimate, sometimes it isn’t.

When I enquired Andy said it was 8 to 12 weeks from order to delivery for liberty seal, I ordered the same day as that quote. At that time I wanted to be sure that it would be delivered before Brexit caused issues at the borders with potential extra customs charges. It was 1 day under 6 months that it arrived. The quoted production times are just fiction. That doesn't mean that it's not a good product, I would have been perfectly happy had they said wait time is up to 6 months. It would have saved me hassle, saved them pestering emails and saved notifying PayPal that I hadn't received an item before the my money would no longer be protected (6 months is the cut off)
Oh I didn't know that about Paypal. It's been so long I can't even remember how I paid: I think it's likely I did it by credit card though.

SuinBruin

I don't know what's going on with BK's jacket production, but holy #### they are hawking cloth masks for £42 a pop. £42! I thought SM Wholesale at $20 was a bit dear, but damn, if Kelso has enough buyers for £42 masks then jackets may be on the back burner for them.

Brettafett

I received a response about a week or so ago. They are busy catching up on orders (and making masks lol)...
I recon with this car-crash of a year, one just needs more patience than ever.

imho I would not cancel orders... Just be patient, the jackets are great and if you decide later to try again, you will wait even longer.

Brettafett

Just wait Saint, you'll be next lol

It was always a search for one jacket, but when one gains some experience with sizing and then learns more about the details etc it becomes hobby.
Sometimes what we think we want, is not actually what later realise we really want.
I have had many great jackets, MANY... but always seemed to have some 'issue', mostly with sizing and fit, lengths, sometimes the leather, the look or feel...

Until recently, I was still searching for that perfect jacket (for me) I knew existed, came close so many times... Finally I can say I have it. 3 of them!!!

With my BKs, I could not decide if I wanted a Dubow or RW23380, so I ordered both (also taking into account not wanting to wait months for another jacket). I thought I'd keep the one I liked best and sell the other. Problem was, both were perfect haha

But now I want a russet.

I have also wanted to patch or paint a jacket, so that's been a plan for a while also.

Saint-ex

I know that...
I had managed to stay away from this place for a few months, but came back to see what was going on. :eek:

The luck that I have, if I can put it that way, is that my size keeps me away from most used offer. :p
Less temptation !

I really like the A-2 seal with contrasting knits like the Aero reds or the purple Dubow. So maybe one day ...