• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

Showerfan

ELC still has a lot of stock in regular sizes. If you wanted a long you'd bet you'd be waiting...

Not the case. i ordered a regular 46 for size and then sent it back for an Extra Long -- had it in about one week. They reply to emails within 24 hours and answer the phone during business hours, and they provide quick and helpful service!

London Cabbie

Further to what Jan says...

Both my BK Dubows (and Platon's ;) )and RW23380 are 42 longs.
Generally they all fit me 100%, wouldn't change a thing - thats why these are sure keepers.
I absolutely love my RW23380, this RW is the best RW repro I have ever owned... for me personally, hands down.
I do find it slightly trimmer in the body and torso, slightly... The shoulders are a touch wider and the armholes a touch smaller.
These differences are not by much mind you, and only because of being able to try them on, and compare.

I love the RWs collar, it has such a classic profile, and for standing up in the wind, its so comfy ... But I also love the Dubow's iconic, simple and stylish collar.
These jackets are all winners, and just highlight how two different contacts can be similar and yet still, different.

Platon's Dubow left, BK Dubow centre and BK RW23380 right.
View attachment 40213

Heres another quick comp of my BKs, all 42L:
BK RW23380, Dubow V1 (when I almost sold it. Insane), Dubow V2 (slightly longer sleeves 1.5")
View attachment 40216

Brett
Just a quick one. Do you fold your collar right down, because I don’t fold my collars and they look a lot thinner. I like the look of yours better....
88536607-70D3-49EA-8CFB-3051C59AD37C.jpeg

mulceber

Agreed - the collar will develop much more character unsnapped.

Also, I don't want to say that originals were never worn snapped, but most of the vintage photos I've seen have the collar unsnapped.

Brettafett

Hi ye, sorry, not checked in for a few days.

Yes, I always wear my collars unsnapped and open. You can 'train' them over time, and work them, so the leather loosens up a bit and the collars flatten out a touch. Much more comfy and wearable imo.
Also allows you to lift the back up in the wind or when its chilly.

Last edited:
Can I ask roughly when you guys placed your orders? I placed mine in mid January and it’s still saying it’s processing on the website... coming up to my eighth month now...

mulceber

Ordered mine in the second half of March and still waiting. At the end of July I got an email asking me to confirm some details, but that's the last I've heard.

The wait times have been thrown all out of whack by COVID, but you will get your jacket.

Last edited:

P-47 thunderbolt

Mine took 6 months this time last year under 'normal' circumstances, I don't think you'll get a reply unless it's on the immediate construction list. After repeatedly asking for some form of acknowledgment of my order I got one about 4 months down the line. In the 6th month I got the production list of about 30 names saying if you're on the list you can expect it within the next few weeks. I was pretty annoyed because when I used a different email address and enquired about a jacket, I got a response straight away. It all boils down to the fact that they're rubbish with customer service. But you will get your jacket! And you'll think yourself silly for sweating out about it for the past 6 months. BK seems to be booming so as long as you're order is in you'll be fine.

Smithy

Sadly CV has thrown a spanner in the works for so many businesses and industries. Lock downs because of the virus haven't just affected the businesses you're dealing with, but also their suppliers. Add to that how postal services have been severely impacted and unfortunately you have a situation where wait times will have been blown out quite substantially.

MrBlue

About 2-3 weeks ago, Andy got in touch to confirm some sizing details. We went back and forth a bit, and I was hopeful that my jacket was nearly ready for production, but alas it seems not, based on the above.

Details still not confirmed and no response from Andy. I ordered mine in June, so it has only been just under 3 months. Will probably have to wait another 4 months to have any chance of receiving my order.

Sadly CV has thrown a spanner in the works for so many businesses and industries. Lock downs because of the virus haven't just affected the businesses you're dealing with, but also their suppliers. Add to that how postal services have been severely impacted and unfortunately you have a situation where wait times will have been blown out quite substantially.

Oh I've been totally cool about the Covid effect: I'm not annoyed with them for having their business massively interrupted. I was worried they'd gone under and taken my money with them, but I eventually managed to get in touch with Andy a few back and he reassured me that at least that hadn't happened. I just didn't know vaguely how long I was likely to be waiting even without that (the wait times they quote on the site are obviously very optimistic!).