• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

B-Man2

Well, it IS high end price to me... :/
Greg
I understand completely. That was why I included the (if you can) in my post. I certainly wasn’t implying that BK jackets or their owners were less in any way. My post was directed toward the changing business practices of the two companies with regards to their lack of communication and courtesy compared to their earlier days.

Greg Gale

Greg
I understand completely. That was why I included the (if you can) in my post. I certainly wasn’t implying that BK jackets or their owners were less in any way. My post was directed toward the changing business practices of the two companies with regards to their lack of communication and courtesy compared to their earlier days.

Burt, my reply was not meant to challenge what you said, rather echo it. I didn't think you meant to make BK owners appear second tier, I just agree with you that big money jackets should come with good customer service - BK included.

This being said, I've had a few correspondances with Andy and he was always quite responsive. Now they must be in dire straits because of COVID - at least they set up an autoreply, that's something.

mulceber

Yeah, mine says the same. I suspect it means they’ve taken the order, but haven’t started making the jacket yet, but I don’t really know.

MrBlue

My order was placed on the 9th of June and has the same status. It could also mean that our orders can only be fulfilled once other orders are. So this could mean either orders ahead of us in the queue, or Andy has to wait for new materials to be received. For instance he told me that he was expecting a new Liberty horse hide dark seal. So perhaps he has to wait for the new leather to be received.

Brettafett

Did anyone see the notice on Platon's website? Seems everyone is inundated with orders and trying to keep on top of them.
Seems the lock-down created quite a back-log! Makes you wonder, a lot more orders, or just a hold on orders over the lock-down... Read into that however you want...

Brettafett

Yes. Its good to see makers are busy and that people are still spending money on jackets... As you say, just be honest and open about time-frames and expectations.

I think its important, if one can't reply to hundreds of emails, to at least put a notice up. And then, to those who have placed orders, skip your weekend and get back to everyone.
At least reply with a, "we have your order and will be in touch to discuss the details in approximately x to y weeks. We are working hard to get through current orders and appreciate your patience. Thank you"
Not hard.

stanier

Did anyone see the notice on Platon's website? Seems everyone is inundated with orders and trying to keep on top of them.
Seems the lock-down created quite a back-log! Makes you wonder, a lot more orders, or just a hold on orders over the lock-down... Read into that however you want...

Thanks for pointing that out Brettafett. I actually feel better having seen that. Someone's at home and I'm in the queue! Cheers!

Lord Flashheart

Having taken the advice here about patience I'd agree that seeing a notice on Platons website is at least something. Mind you I'm still keeping all my fingers, toes and anything that can be, crossed. It seems like a world away when I ordered a Dubow. That said in many senses it was ...

mulceber

More than something, I’d say. I’ve seen vendors in this and other hobbies get swamped with orders, and the end result was that people had multi-year waits. On one occasion, a bunch of people never got their orders at all, and it was money down the drain. Platon’s announcement has effectively taken that scenario off the table.

Lord Flashheart

Fair point there Mulceber and to be honest I have been quite philosophical about the delay given the completely unprecedented circumstances. Given the positive reviews here of his Dubow I can be patient some more. Mind you I didn't expect to pick up a GW Rough Wear on the off chance in May ...

London Cabbie

Has anyone got fit pics of the BK Roughwear 23380, just for future reference...Thanks.
A7B069C1-2A0D-44EA-A804-4FDC71872F2C.jpeg

mulceber

Has anyone got fit pics of the BK Roughwear 23380, just for future reference...Thanks.

Yup!
729DD836-AFBA-4B8C-8BE5-1395A3B13314_1_105_c.jpeg

711FC458-3614-4E42-8F16-3CB9F191689A_1_105_c.jpeg

There's a bunch more from both me and @Brettafett if you troll through the what jacket are you wearing today thread.

Usual timescale is about 3-4 months. Before COVID they were down to about 12-14 weeks, but I think they've got a bit of a backlog now, so it's longer.