• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

jeremiah

They will get back to you.
They are honest. Trust me on that.
It can be annoying to not get frequent responses but word on the street is now there is a 6 month wait. So you are nearly half way.

Simpli666

Hi,
i ordered a BK in 2018. I had to wait about 4 months.
If they send the jacket you become a notification.
Don´t worry

P-47 thunderbolt

Unicorn hide hahaha!
But J, I'll tell you what.. My Platon seal Dubow, is beginning to look a lot like that...
Does anyone know if any difference exists between BK liberty and the leather Platon uses on the Dubows? His website says nothing about Full grain hide or top grain or anything, so wondering what the quality is compared to BK considering his jackets are much cheaper than BK

jeremiah

I think when those were first advertised Vicenza was mentioned. A whole lot of bickering ensued but consensus was I think that is from same factory. Same for liberty hide.

jeremiah

I think the price has less to do with the material and more to do with it being a new business. I think the quality of what I have seen from platon is on par with what is offered by BK. That’s from a birds eye view. Maybe up close it would be different.

Brettafett

just platon dubows seem real good value
They are really good value. As good as any other top-tier maker. Easy.
However, std sizes, no customisations at all, only choice is seal or russet hide... And everyone is custom made, no returns. It the jacket fits, you win big.
With GW, BK, ELC, Aero for example, you have choices and can have a jacket lengthened etc.
My only gripe with Platon's Dubow is that I wish they would attach the waistband a little tighter, as it sits a touch looser than any other A-2 I have owned. Not by much, but enough to make it feel a smidgen loose in the torso.

Micawber

Agreed, the Platon Dubow I have [and now passed to my son] hold up very well against top tier makers jackets I've had and still own. Bit of a bargain IF you are of a standard size and not too tall.

Brettafett

I have not seen any, but I doubt they need too... I am sure they have a wait list now, which is why its taking months to receive a jacket.
Neither have I seen many selling secondhand, here, nor there.

Tommer45

Yeah.
Miss Skip.
My BK victory hide arco (aero) is getting plenty of wear and use. 1 year later, but it’s unicorn hide, not just horse hide.View attachment 23269

What kind of wallet you rocking there Jeremiah?

I'm 15 weeks into my BK order and after 2 "checking on order #..." emails I was emailed back with info that my jacket would ship "this week". So that would be great if it did. We had exchanged about 4 or 5 emails leading up to my purchase (which took about 2 weeks to accomplish). Not great but not terrible either. I'll post some pics when the jacket arrives.

jeremiah

Hey Tommer.
That’s a wallet I made for myself a few years back out of a sunset oil tanned leather.
I make them a little better now days but I still like that one.

Tommer45

Hey Tommer.
That’s a wallet I made for myself a few years back out of a sunset oil tanned leather.
I make them a little better now days but I still like that one.

Oh dude very nice. I dabble in leathery myself. Looks like we made similar designs!

Attachments

• Wallet.png
    Wallet.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 271

ausreenactor

Very nice indeed! I have a Jim Beam bug out/step out wallet with the elastic x in the middle to secure my foldin' money. ABy thing in your capacities that could replicate a few card slots and perhaps a clip or strap for cash?

#billkelso (for relevance)