• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso. Whats happening?

ikarashi shin-ichi

みなさん、2022年あけましておめでとうございます。去年の4月24日に届いたBK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russetはいい感じに「エイジング」しています。かっこいいです。現在、私は、このジャケットのリブニットの修理代金が支払われないことでANDYと協議中です。“Aeronaut A-1 - Cowhide Badalassi Russet”のボタンの取り付け方については正直がっかりしてます。たしか、以前、ボタンのジャケットが半額セールになっていたことがあった筈でですが誰か「半額セール」になった理由をしっていますか?わたしは、「批判」は好きではありません。しかし、これは、私の現状、つまり「被害報告」です。 五十嵐 新一                                                 Happy new year 2022, everyone.  The BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet that arrived on April 24th last year is "aging" nicely. it's cool.  I'm currently in talks with ANDY about not being paid for the rib knit repair of this jacket.    To be honest, I'm disappointed about how to attach the "Aeronaut A-1 --Cowhide Badalassi Russet" button.   Certainly, the button jacket should have been on sale for half price before, but does anyone have any reason for it to be on sale for half price?   I don't like "criticism". However, this is my current situation, that is, "damage report".Ikarashi Shin-ichi
20211231_075409 - コピー.jpg
20211231_075604 - コピー.jpg

Attachments

• Gmail - my 13860yen.pdf
    739.1 KB · Views: 232

Spitfireace

Is that a Grand Seiko? I have a 1974 King Seiko. Got it on E-bay from Japan. Needs and overhaul but is a very nice watch.

ikarashi shin-ichi

Is that a Grand Seiko? I have a 1974 King Seiko. Got it on E-bay from Japan. Needs and overhaul but is a very nice watch.
ハイ!Spitfirece 約20年前に買った ROREX の “Air-King です。“BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russe”や “Aeronaut A-1 - Cowhide Badalassi Russet”と共に私の宝物です。 五十嵐 新一   Hi! Spitfirece  It is my treasure along with "Air-King." BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russia "and" Aeronaut A-1 --Cowhide Badalassi Russet "that I bought about 20 years ago.  .Ikarashi Shin-ichi

Otter

Just been reading the ongoing thread at TFL. The one outstanding question left unanswered is "Where are BK jackets actually made?". Did we ever come to a definite conclusion ?

mulceber

As long as $$€€££¥¥ OKView attachment 73870

Nope, pretty sure it's Greece: all 4 jackets that I bought from them came from Athens, and when I had to have a jacket repaired, Andy had me send it to Athens. Andy's also talked about the difficulties of finding good workers in a way that suggested he's hiring the workers himself. Likewise, because of the import duties in places like Pakistan (something like 50% of the cost of the item), it's very unlikely you would be able to send horsehide from Victoria tannery (Italy) to a 3rd world manufacturer in a cost-effective way. If you somehow managed to do that, you'd probably have your third-world factory ship directly to the customer, in order to avoid potentially taking an additional hit from customs.

Last edited:

Mr. Mike

Same with me. BK is also stating it themselves openly (see the FAQ):

" Our jackets are styled in USA and made exclusively in our workshop in the old city of Athens, Greece where there is tradition in quality leather products since the ancient times. We make our jackets with leathers we import from Italy and materials we import from USA, UK and Japan."

ikarashi shin-ichi

みなさん、“Aeronaut A-1 - Cowhide Badalassi Russet  (billkelsomfg!)”最高です!   私の住む日本の地方都市ではA2(BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet)を着ることにあまり躊躇はありません。ウクライナの現状を考えたら「軍物」は着ないほうがいいのかもしれません・・・。人類は何のために過ちを繰り返すのでしょうか? 五十嵐 新一                                                 Everyone, "Aeronaut A-1 --Cowhide Badalassi Russet (billkelsomfg!)" Is the best!  so cool!   In the local city of Japan where I live, I don't hesitate to wear A2 (BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet).・・・・・・ Considering the current situation in Ukraine, ・・・it may be better not to wear "military items" ...  What is humanity making mistakes for?  .Ikarashi Shin-ichi
Polish_20220222_041614260.jpg

STEVE S.

[

You give somebody a large sum of many and then what happens after that is none of your business, I cannot understand that logic.
The original post was about not replying to emails and that is simply unacceptable.
If there is a delay I would expect to be told why, that is hardly unreasonable and is actually normal business practice.
And I would expect a refund if I wanted one if a jacket was not completed in the agreed time.
So by your reasoning it is okay for a business to take someones money and then all the moral and ethical responsibility of the business ends, sorry I can't agree.
That’s the main reason I dont like to accept full payment up front. I have had to start requiring a small deposit when I get to the point of cutting hide or if I have to order additional expensive supplies unique to the job. Have had too many get all excited about the job, then evaporate into thin air.

Pa12

Yeah, I didn’t expect to start up a big conversation with them. One simple email like “have received your order, in que, approximately x weeks, months, years , decades”would suffice.

ikarashi shin-ichi

こどもの涙は見たくない!戦争を止めろ!こどもの涙は見たくない!人類は何のために過ちを繰り返すのでしょうか? 五十嵐 新一                                                 I don't want to see children's tears! Stop the war! I don't want to see children's tears! What is humanity making mistakes for? What is humanity making mistakes for?  .Ikarashi Shin-ichi
20211106_124305.jpg