• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso Werber 'Ultra Vintage Horsehide'. 2013 - Found the pics....

ausreenactor

I agree with you 100%. They sent me a pic of the hide and 'we' went through what parts of the hide I would prefer in which parts of the jacket. I am not sure how much they had on at that time; however, I was on my second Afghanistan trip and it was my main effort while off shift. It was there when I got home and having them source the HBT fabric for me (ATF would not ship it to Greece) and take receipt of the zip to cut out Tianna as a half way shipping point was next level. They said they got as much out of making the lined version as I did. They run it as an option ever since I believe.

And it smells amazing. Hence the bag around it. Even five years down the line, taking it out fills the house with what 'smells like....Victory'.

ausreenactor

Spare parts? Aside from needles I would not think it would ever fail.

I ripped the motor off so I had more room for Class As and Ike jackets. It helped that I could better position each stitch. They made to 'machines' to last back then.

ausreenactor

Swimming on me!

159763501334670544641704601841.jpg
15976350291125282441363755697273.jpg
15976350604511944203561515247322.jpg
15976350947546927549948057572937.jpg
15976351283826871226932785495971.jpg
15976351546105454267333694453792.jpg

Pilot

Love the lining.
Thx Trevor... to me nicest lining ever!
Had a scarf like that during my active service time... actually still have it ... need to dig it out...
My grand uncle had the same pattern...first cut off an Eichenlaub Zeltplane ( oakleave tent quarter) and the French cought him in 44/45 and invited him and his felows in fate into the volonteer foreign French service ( more or less casualy invited by them; “signe là ou échafaut” .. rough times ... he survived ) and we talked & gave a lot about it ..As for the scarf its a cut out from a parachute .
BTW, they invited me and I gladly accepted a few years later ... my best living years!)

Last edited:

London Cabbie

Once had a Japanese fellow get in wearing an A2, was meant to be having a meeting in the back of the Taxi, but I interrupted him to talk about his A2. Told me that’s all he wears and has a few, when I asked him who the maker was he wasn’t sure...? took jacket Off and it had the Marine Frogskin Lining, which blew me away.... checked the Label and it was BR. What a brilliant lining....
E6095B27-1F4C-438B-A123-FDF9F715E6B2.jpeg

Smithy

Eichenlaub Zeltplane

Off topic I know but I developed an interest in camouflage and disruptive pattern development from my museum work.

What's really interesting is how those Waffen-SS dot pattern schemes were way ahead of their time. After many years of experimenting with all sorts of different patterning, most developed militaries are returning to using "dot" pattern camouflage for combat uniforms such as Multicam which are directly related and a lateral progression to those German WWII schemes.

Pilot

Off topic I know but I developed an interest in camouflage and disruptive pattern development from my museum work.

What's really interesting is how those Waffen-SS dot pattern schemes were way ahead of their time. After many years of experimenting with all sorts of different patterning, most developed militaries are returning to using "dot" pattern camouflage for combat uniforms such as Multicam which are directly related and a lateral progression to those German WWII schemes.
During the Indochina war the French Légion Etrangère had many ex German WW2 equipement /gear ( and soldiers).
They even used this dot pattern camo fabric to tailor shirts or jackets.
2DE7DA7A-01B9-4027-A3A4-4EDCEE760008.jpeg

Last edited: