• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BILL KELSO W&G M422

Brettafett

@Capt We know this is on another level compared to AVI's M-422A, but I'm curious, as you can compare them side by side, ... Is it worth x3 AVI's jacket?

Grant

Original Willis & Geiger M422's have a beautiful translucent aniline like finish to the goatskin that I've yet to see on a reproduction. Also, the bright salmon color lining is odd choice for this contract.That said, nice try at a pre-war USN jacket.

Capt

@Capt We know this is on another level compared to AVI's M-422A, but I'm curious, as you can compare them side by side, ... Is it worth x3 AVI's jacket?
Thats a difficult one to answer but 3 different AVI’s may be. As a comparison the BK has overall better quality materials, the leather has more grain & seams to have a painted coating where AVI is smoother but I like both and are around the same weight. Both mouton collars are virtually the same. The BK knits are better quality & the Rayon lining is far, far better than the AVI. Overall the BK is on par if not better than some high end makers I have had in the past but that was some time ago. I asked my brother to choose what was the best one without telling him prices & he picked the BK but was surprised at the price difference’s, but I’m glad I got both.

Wedge417

Why get an M422 instead of an M422A? Are you aware of the differences?
Actually I've got my eyes on the M422A Gordon and Ferguson Kelso offers. IF I can get an answer from their customer service. I've been sending two emails in the previous weeks I have yet to get an answer to help me figure the size.

Perhaps some of you can help over here on the forum?

FreddyF9

Actually I've got my eyes on the M422A Gordon and Ferguson Kelso offers. IF I can get an answer from their customer service. I've been sending two emails in the previous weeks I have yet to get an answer to help me figure the size.

I tried emailing them too but never got a reply. I guess that you need to beg them for a size chart! Also tried to contact them on Facebook but they just told me to write an email.
Great jackets but damn, the communication is awful.

Capt

Will be no help to you slimmer guys, but FWIW on a 48.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 63

Wedge417

Thanks but unfortunately...I'm afraid although I don't look like it, I do fall into the slimmer category. If anybody's got a size chart for sizes 40 - 42 - 44 it'd be much appreciated.