• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso vs GW Roughwear A-2 27752

A2 B3au

@Pilot , FYI looks like Andy FLOODED Facebook with posts and pictures claiming you are a liar. Now, I've never handled a BK jacket, and I would sure love to try one, so I'm not taking sides. But 1) You guys need to settle this "Clash of Titans" in a civilized way, in private :D 2) I find it unprofessional and generally a bad form from his part to go out and call people liars, trying to prove his jackets are the best. The comparison photos with original that he posts are great, and I think that's all we, the buying public need. He can even make a post about "false claims" without names, he's got the right to defend his point, but going out in such a hostile way full of personal attacks...I think it's very bad PR. My 2 cents. I've really been considering giving the BK Star a try, despite what Pilot's experience was, because I've read just as many positive reviews, and his jackets look amazing in the photos. I still think he's one of the top makers. Now I'm not so sure I want my money to go to people with this kind of attitude. Gary and the guys at ELC have always been helpful and kind, and it feels reassuring to know that my "arm and leg" went to them.
You got a great star already Greg ,GW aside how different can 1star be from the next. Don’t you fancy any other types ....nice one Art

Greg Gale

@Art , the Star is my favorite contract, and I'd really like to have only one A-2, but the best I can get/ afford. BK-s look really good, and I think it's worth a try. Maybe the cut is better, or the color...otherwise I'll never know.

A2 B3au

But how do u know it really is your favourite unless you’ve had a go on a few different ones. ££ issues aside and believe me I’m in the same boat and only ever owning 2 brand new flight jackets 1 being a star that I hands down wore as a favourite I then found myself comparing a 10yr old roughwear from Eastman that I received 3rd hand equally with the star. Just saying ...shame it’s so awkward to just try before you buy ....nice one Art

Greg Gale

I tried many other cuts at ELC's popup stores, and hands down it fit my body type best. Plus I've dug myself into the unique characteristics of each contract, and the Star has everything I want. I also wish it was easier to try these before buying though

Steve27752

I tried many other cuts at ELC's popup stores, and hands down it fit my body type best. Plus I've dug myself into the unique characteristics of each contract, and the Star has everything I want. I also wish it was easier to try these before buying though
Legends 2019?

Cobblers161

May I ask what on earth the point of this thread is and is it possible to take the obsessive borderline nutjob BK bashing elsewhere?

Frankly it’s bananas and a firm indicator how completely dumbed down and tit’s up this forum has gone.

Before you ask I’ve never owned a BK and never will and have had the pleasure to own 15 GW’s and looking forward to my next.

Greg Gale

I've already booked my accommodation :) I'll try and spend less time in the ELC tent this time though, as I've tried everything I wanted :D

Piperpilot

By my experience with both...again...and documented...I insist on documented with evidences...no moody argues...photos show it here and in another tread...
GW is by far again far and again far the better choice in regards of consistency, craftsmanship, authenticity, and reliability...( not getting insulted if you disagree..pe)..
My choice ..GW.
I have an original Roughwear A2 27752 for which I need to replace the Contract Label. Can anyone help me with a supplier - preferably in North America.

jeremiah

I have an original Roughwear A2 27752 for which I need to replace the Contract Label. Can anyone help me with a supplier - preferably in North America.
hey there piperpilot. couldn't help but notice you are new here. Welcome. While I can't help you with where to get a contract label aside from writing to John Chapman of Goodwear leather or perhaps contacting Thurston Bros which are the Aero North America distributers, I'd like to ask why you quoted something that really has nothing to do with your contract label in your post here? Just might be me reading into things, but it sure looks a whole lot like stirring the pot from where I'm sitting. Again, welcome, but just a weird way to go about asking your question. Maybe you can clear things up for me.

Southoftheborder

hey there piperpilot. couldn't help but notice you are new here. Welcome. While I can't help you with where to get a contract label aside from writing to John Chapman of Goodwear leather or perhaps contacting Thurston Bros which are the Aero North America distributers, I'd like to ask why you quoted something that really has nothing to do with your contract label in your post here? Just might be me reading into things, but it sure looks a whole lot like stirring the pot from where I'm sitting. Again, welcome, but just a weird way to go about asking your question. Maybe you can clear things up for me.

He's posted that request on a couple of threads and not I think got an answer. I expect he just thought that quote was a good as any.

Pilot

A few makers ( US/EU/Asia) are selling those labels for approx 1200++Euro...positive point is, a lot of leather is still attached to it.;)

Piperpilot

Jeremiah, how do I create a post concerning my needs?

jeremiah

Jeremiah, how do I create a post concerning my needs?

Hey there. No it wasn’t your needs but I had just found it odd as to why you quoted someone’s post that had 0 to do with your needs. That’s all. Probably just my misunderstanding. Hope you find what you are looking for.