• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso vs GW Roughwear A-2 27752

Marv

I have to agree regarding the BK sleeves, there is no or very minimal taper and looks to be on all of their jackets. I have a BK G&F M422a and the sleeves are the same as the BK RW so looks like they use the sleeve pattern for all jackets.

Pilot

@Pilot , does the BK jacket in your first post have the "golden brown" knits?
Greg, thx for your question...since I sold the “Frankensteiner A-2 “ long ago, I can only refer to my PC pics..so they are not golden at all ...but greenish (but claimed by the maker... “ best possible A-2 RW 27752 made”....!!!!).

Greg Gale

I understand, but there is an option for knits called "Golden Brown" - I was just wondering if this is the one that was chosen for this RW, or a different one.

Pilot

I understand, but there is an option for knits called "Golden Brown" - I was just wondering if this is the one that was chosen for this RW, or a different one.
Never saw one like that...never on the web nor as WW2 original ( on the web)...2 me another fiction or invetion..

Greg Gale

@Pilot , FYI looks like Andy FLOODED Facebook with posts and pictures claiming you are a liar. Now, I've never handled a BK jacket, and I would sure love to try one, so I'm not taking sides. But 1) You guys need to settle this "Clash of Titans" in a civilized way, in private :D 2) I find it unprofessional and generally a bad form from his part to go out and call people liars, trying to prove his jackets are the best. The comparison photos with original that he posts are great, and I think that's all we, the buying public need. He can even make a post about "false claims" without names, he's got the right to defend his point, but going out in such a hostile way full of personal attacks...I think it's very bad PR. My 2 cents. I've really been considering giving the BK Star a try, despite what Pilot's experience was, because I've read just as many positive reviews, and his jackets look amazing in the photos. I still think he's one of the top makers. Now I'm not so sure I want my money to go to people with this kind of attitude. Gary and the guys at ELC have always been helpful and kind, and it feels reassuring to know that my "arm and leg" went to them.

Pilot

@Pilot , FYI looks like Andy FLOODED Facebook with posts and pictures claiming you are a liar. Now, I've never handled a BK jacket, and I would sure love to try one, so I'm not taking sides. But 1) You guys need to settle this "Clash of Titans" in a civilized way, in private :D 2) I find it unprofessional and generally a bad form from his part to go out and call people liars, trying to prove his jackets are the best. The comparison photos with original that he posts are great, and I think that's all we, the buying public need. He can even make a post about "false claims" without names, he's got the right to defend his point, but going out in such a hostile way full of personal attacks...I think it's very bad PR. My 2 cents. I've really been considering giving the BK Star a try, despite what Pilot's experience was, because I've read just as many positive reviews, and his jackets look amazing in the photos. I still think he's one of the top makers. Now I'm not so sure I want my money to go to people with this kind of attitude. Gary and the guys at ELC have always been helpful and kind, and it feels reassuring to know that my "arm and leg" went to them.
Hi Greg,
As already mentioned, I realy dont care what BK posts or writes. I am not insulting anyone but just posting documented facts....this is allowed or isnt it?
-Also, one should ask why this people are Persona Non Grata on every major jacket discussion forum?
-Why my ex BK was totaly unwanted after sales photos were shown..and it sold for less than a quarter of the new price after 4 weeks of owning it?..
I do not have my BK Frankensteiner anymore ( sold it for 280 Euro !!!) and will never buy one again, b/c this jacket had everything wrong...as shown.
Plus at the end I got a lot of supporting...not insulting messages...from ex BK wearers...( also here officially via likes and positive posts in response on my documents).
How shall I clear it up with BK, send him my laywers? exchange insults?pay him a visit? register of F(ecal) B(ench) just for Alan?
Sorry not my style...again only facts and no insults..no more time to waste for a jacket realy worth 285 Euro.
Please make up your opinion and buy or not...I only posted photos and facts...and Facebook...not even there...and dont care...
Subject over for me..

For the record, here another super jacket from the self nominated best military jacket reproducer ......not mine...just for the claimed authenticity...
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/G1-leather-...913036?hash=item286c5fda8c:g:CiEAAOSwX2xbwHsP

Oops just noticed...No more BK Navy flight jackets...??? Why???

Last edited:

Greg Gale

@Pilot you're absolutely entitled and welcome share your opinion. My post wasn't against you or what you posted (nor the pictures Andy posted for that matter) The more pros and cons we have about every maker the easier the decision for those who have never had experience with them. Every opinion is subjective, and everyone can decide on their own what to do with the input they received.

Pilot

Hey Greg, I know that...besides you are my second son if I may.......:)))
My first one is in Seged right now... for business...My Daughter will fly out (in the plane right now) over the WE and they will tour arround in Buda and in Pest (K&K :))...you know of our (my Banat part) origins...
My other son works for an international institution based in Belgium, he already visited Denmark recently for similar discussions...but...maybe he can pay a visit to the insulters shop;););)
Kindest...

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Is this your first Good Wear?

The fact that Andy/Platon are not here to defend themselves is something to be considered also. Comparing one of many to one of many at different stages of the development timeline somewhat skews the outcomes.

I thought the days of the 'BK bash' were long in the past.

Last edited:

jeremiah

I think the problem is you keep bringing it up and going on and on about it and posts like these and the “crease” thing just make you look like you are trying your very best to be defamatory to them as a company. You don’t have to name names to do that but even the way you make pokes at platon by always using the name “platoon” can be seen as bad form.

You had a bad experience. We all get that. But the jacket was moved on and I feel so should this matter or taken up privately. I thought I asked and you said you never did email BK and try and get an exchange or something. So who knows what may have happened if you did. My 2 cents.

People do read these forums though and may in fact steer clear of giving them business due to what you have woven around here in different threads.

Leather is not bad quality because it creases. If it were I would have to start my own campaign trying to get hundreds of dollars back from the high quality full grain veg tanned hides I buy.

Pilot

Just fort the records...I dont want any conflict or further discussion with a so called best replica maker WWide...
I made my documented experiences...
However, if the socalled best replica maker wants to still prove my docs and photos are wrong or forged...I am happy to ask for others Alan users to send me more photos of the best replicas in the world of any kind..
One is here already ...others can come in very fast..Again...No war...just showing my unhappyness with the best RW Repro WWide ...

BTW why the USN jacket line stopped??? was a great Repro line IMH 1 Cent opinion...and based on below...

Here another best world Repro. M-422 Repro ...
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/G1-leather-...913036?hash=item286c5fda8c:g:CiEAAOSwX2xbwHsP

Pilot

I think the problem is you keep bringing it up and going on and on about it and posts like these and the “crease” thing just make you look like you are trying your very best to be defamatory to them as a company. You don’t have to name names to do that but even the way you make pokes at platon by always using the name “platoon” can be seen as bad form.

You had a bad experience. We all get that. But the jacket was moved on and I feel so should this matter or taken up privately. I thought I asked and you said you never did email BK and try and get an exchange or something. So who knows what may have happened if you did. My 2 cents.

People do read these forums though and may in fact steer clear of giving them business due to what you have woven around here in different threads.

Leather is not bad quality because it creases. If it were I would have to start my own campaign trying to get hundreds of dollars back from the high quality full grain veg tanned hides I buy.
J.... you are very right... Thx for sharing... But when I pay for my prime car or jacket on instalments pe... ( 900 Euro plus plus jacket ) watch etc...I dont repaint it nor change dials nor relaker it ( great Job you did) etc.. nor refurbish repaint it nor redye it...sorry J... I am a paying customer...and now I am insulted. as many other BK customers have been (where is he on TFL VLJ and others??).. 100 Y-ago one would have been shot for that offence in the old US......Not OK according to nowadays standards... OK.
I got screwed as a paying customer and insulted...as reporting documenting it (BTW many other BK customer are in the same Position..) and I will report it as long as I am asked about it...Sure you would do the same...and please buy another BK and lets see... Also others...Please feel free to order and buy...
J...I like you a lot b/c you are genuin and honest but just think about it...if it happens to you...

Last edited:

silvio76

Hey Greg, I know that...besides you are my second son if I may.......:)))
My first one is in Seged right now... for business...My Daughter will fly out (in the plane right now) over the WE and they will tour arround in Buda and in Pest (K&K :))...you know of our (my Banat part) origins...
My other son works for an international institution based in Belgium, he already visited Denmark recently for similar discussions...but...maybe he can pay a visit to the insulters shop;););)
Kindest...
Your origins are from Banat? Which part and country?