• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso vs GW Roughwear A-2 27752

Pilot

8437C663-2FDD-4967-B2CC-FEEC87910663.jpeg
From the pic it does not look like the rectangular style 27752 label? Even making up of for the angle, laying it flat the edges seem pretty similar. Look at an original label, the Eastman Golden Book, Eastman's website or the BK label in the pic. It is certainly 'squarish'...
GW label.

sloan1874

John has a particular knack for installing the knits so that they gather in a way as to make them 'work' and hug the waist rather than hang like a skirt. His ability to treat the hides in such a way as to make the grain pop and leather soften is particularly nice as well.

ausreenactor

How 'old' is the BK in the pictures?

Lets see the GW after the leather wears in and moves the collar around after an equivalent period of wear! ;)

jeremiah

John has a particular knack for installing the knits so that they gather in a way as to make them 'work' and hug the waist rather than hang like a skirt. His ability to treat the hides in such a way as to make the grain pop and leather soften is particularly nice as well.
Love my victory hide arco but it does not hug my waste. my ELC does though.

Pilot

How 'old' is the BK in the pictures?

Lets see the GW after the leather wears in and moves the collar around after an equivalent period of wear! ;)
The BK in the pics is approx 2 years old.
My 8 y. o. GW does not look like a soggy hanging shirt, nor did my Aero, nor my ELC ( after 6 years of wear).
The neck liner of any other jacket never looked like a torn and missalingned internal seam ..as does this BK liner ( so did my BK).
Plus the totally wrong square shaped BK pocket design...on this one and mine ( Ex.).

Last edited:

Pilot

Take a look at an original if you really want to see crappy! ;)
Right now I only have a very well made original WW2 Bronco...not crappy at all.
Until very recently I had a WW2 Dubow ...same well made...maybe a few were not nicely assembled ...but not all...moreover I believe that most of them were very well made.

Last edited:

Pilot

They both look absolutely super to me.......
Thxs... only one ( the GW) looks good and as close as possible to the same WW2 contract , the other “ good looking” was on sale for less than 280 Euro and nobody wanted it...but it was good looking....:):):)

Officer Dibley

Seems what you did with "the angle of the lable vs. camera" you are doing in the pockets photo as well. I measured my GW pockets and are the same size as the BK.

Also, why so much hate?

Interesting that a "new" member should crop up in this thread .....

I don't see it as hate - just personal preference. And as Pilot says, if he couldn't sell it for €280, others must agree.

Thomas Koehle

like the roughwear more than the BK - simply the "lying flat" comparison give the RW a better shape than the "bean-sack a like" of the BK on the pics

never handled either of the both manufacturers but yeah - would take the RW