• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso timeline of leather, with a little wear thrown in...

Skip

I never asked for a delivery time, I am aware of their 4 to 6 week policy... Transit to UK, from EU is usually quick and easy, so shouldn't add much on top of that.
But I placed my order 17 Sept 2018. Its only being cut now. No massive drama, I've had Platon and AVI to keep me company, but still... Hope the jacket's worth the wait.
Brett, Reckon it will be a pearler mate, I’m wearing my Bk Dubow now and it feels, smells and looks great

Kermit3D

I'm digging up this old thread because I took some photos of my Bill Kelso A-2 Dubow 27798.
I've had this jacket for 2 1/2 years (3 years this winter). Before me it belonged to Brettafett so I'd be hard pressed to say exactly how old it is, but I'd say not far from 4 years.
I really like this A-2. The fit is great, it's comfortable and easy to wear. It's definitely the jacket I wear the most.
The leather is Liberty Horsehide Seal.

Here's what it looks like now.

Photos in direct sunlight :

DSC_3730.jpg

DSC_37302.jpg

Daylight photos (no direct sunlight) :

DSC_3741.jpg

DSC_37412.jpg

fitpic01.jpg

JonnyCrow

I'm digging up this old thread because I took some photos of my Bill Kelso A-2 Dubow 27798.
I've had this jacket for 2 1/2 years (3 years this winter). Before me it belonged to Brettafett so I'd be hard pressed to say exactly how old it is, but I'd say not far from 4 years.
I really like this A-2. The fit is great, it's comfortable and easy to wear. It's definitely the jacket I wear the most.
The leather is Liberty Horsehide Seal.

Here's what it looks like now.

Photos in direct sunlight :

View attachment 122369

View attachment 122371

Daylight photos (no direct sunlight) :

View attachment 122375

View attachment 122377

View attachment 122379
Lovely jacket Kermit, you'd be hard pushed to tell from original in time

JonnyCrow

Question for you guys, we're the horsehide the early jackets and later goat or was that irrelevant?

A-2s were initially constructed of horsehide, which was either vegetable- or chrome-tanned. Some later A-2s were made from goatskin (as was the Navy G-1 jacket) and others from cowhide (which can be very difficult to tell from horse if tanned identically). All Spiewak and Doniger jackets are of goat, as are many Cable, Dubow, Bronco, Perry, and Rough Wear examples.

Kermit3D

man. that one has the "look". based on the way some repros are aging, in three or four years it will be hard to tell a repro from an original.

Thanks, yeah in my opinion the leather used by BK is really close to what you see on original A-2. I use this jacket without taking any precautions (unlike some of my other jackets) and it's nice to see it slowly evolving.

Lovely jacket Kermit, you'd be hard pushed to tell from original in time

Thanks for sharing that Kermit. I'm back in the queue for a bit of BK Liberty Horsehide seal.

Very good choice, which A-2 contract did you order ?

I really like the color of you A-2.

It’s a real keeper !

Yeah, it's my "no brainer" jacket. And there's nothing pejorative about it, on the contrary, I love it !