• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso timeline of leather, with a little wear thrown in...

Brettafett

Occurred to me today that I've been waiting for my BK since Sept last year. Little or no communications. The niggle of doubt and annoyance is developing ;)

mulceber

Yeah, I ordered in early August and they shipped it out in December. So either Andy got a huge influx of orders later in August (actually a possibility, given that BK had a sale then), or there was some sort of mix-up.

mulceber

Can't speak for Bretta, but I think they consciously avoid providing delivery estimates, simply because so much of that depends on how customs (US or otherwise) are feeling about packages from Greece on a given day. I've had packages that took 2 weeks to arrive, and ones that took over a month.

Pilot

Delivery times as ( advertised) for any (jacket ) supplier are from confirmed order and payment to Ex factory.eg shipping/posting...Travelling time and customs inspection times are additional times ( always excluded in suppliers estimation). From Greece to UK (still EU) there is no customs ( yet).

mulceber

True, but that doesn’t change the fact that, I’m general, BK refrains from commenting on how long shipping will take. In my experience, they’ve been quite communicative about when they start production, when they ship, and will provide tracking, but will not speculate on how long the shipment will actually take.

Pilot

True, but that doesn’t change the fact that, I’m general, BK refrains from commenting on how long shipping will take. In my experience, they’ve been quite communicative about when they start production, when they ship, and will provide tracking, but will not speculate on how long the shipment will actually take.
To my understanding Bret is not discussing transit time from Greece to UK ( 4-5 days with Platoon also shipping Greece-UK) but order time ( Sept 2018)...little or no communication...( cutting hides in mid of May 2019)...delivery time ex factory...
DD37CB46-DE7C-4D29-A342-12462766C605.jpeg

Last edited:

mulceber

Bret asked about “an approximate delivery time.” Can’t really estimate when something will be delivered without estimating transit...

Pilot

B
Bret asked about “an approximate delivery time.” Can’t really estimate when something will be delivered without estimating transit...
Bret is surely happy with a plus minus 4-5 days transit time estimation ( Greece-UK)

Brettafett

I never asked for a delivery time, I am aware of their 4 to 6 week policy... Transit to UK, from EU is usually quick and easy, so shouldn't add much on top of that.
But I placed my order 17 Sept 2018. Its only being cut now. No massive drama, I've had Platon and AVI to keep me company, but still... Hope the jacket's worth the wait.

mulceber

I never asked for a delivery time, I am aware of their 4 to 6 week policy... Transit to UK, from EU is usually quick and easy, so shouldn't add much on top of that.
But I placed my order 17 Sept 2018. Its only being cut now. No massive drama, I've had Platon and AVI to keep me company, but still... Hope the jacket's worth the wait.

Sorry, looking back it was B-man who asked about delivery time. Hope you’re thrilled with the jacket.