• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso timeline of leather, with a little wear thrown in...

Pilot

J. you will be the winner...
A bottle of Champagne waiting for you in any case...winning or not....
Let me know...pm.. or officially via here...Happy to celebrate with you..whatever the outcome is...Will get it to you and yours.. via my APO .
( nice kid of yours BTW on your avatar)

Brettafett

That's because after seeing your pics he's thinking, "Shit, what's the point in keeping the competition going!" :D
I recon he will offer to buy it from you, so he can put it on display in his office. And hide it from everyone else, so they don't confuse it with any production jackets they may receive.

Pilot

Ken, please send some photos.....
but...we have a lot of restrictions here...
-Orange undercoats not allowed
-pear shaped torso design not allowed
- misaligned stiching/ structure or designed ( pockets) not allowed
-rigger tape to hide a hole in liner not allowed
- plastic/ lizard like looking coat not allowed
- 4days old jacket ,....for sale...nobody wants...not allowed

Sure you have a few things which can overcome the hiderings..

cheers...

Last edited:

Pilot

J. you will be the winner...
A bottle of Champagne waiting for you in any case...winning or not....
Let me know...pm.. or officially via here...Happy to celebrate with you..whatever the outcome is...Will get it to you and yours.. via my APO .
( nice kid of yours BTW on your avatar)
J... pm me your data and the bubbles will come in as fast as APO can deliver...
( Why did my BK not look like yours...you and me will debate over the bubbles for ages....)

Ken at Aero Leather

We are doing a training programme on A-2s at the factory next week, I'll tell the girls there's a prize for the nearest to a WW2 A-2.
The first effort of a new trainee is normally just about on par with a the quality and finish of a typical WW2 Aero so, we've got head's start already :>)
The other's will be going into our Quartermasters Store in October

Otter

Ken,
From what I have read B24 pilots tended to over develop the muscles in one arm due to the control column forces. They may have actually appreciated a jacket with one pocket placed slightly lower, easier to get into.
So just market any with wonky pockets as "B-24 Specials". ;)

Ken at Aero Leather

1983 Aero A-2 Not an entry but nice patina, classic wonky Aero Beacon pocket, made by myself in The Thrift Shop
1983 Aero.jpg

Not in our possession, a photo was sent in to the factory to ID it.

Ken at Aero Leather

I had an area about 6ft square to work in, in that space I had to cut (unless the shop was quiet and I could use the counter, which was rare) fit in a machine, studder and usually climb over a stack of Levi's waiting for new zippers, it was sometimes easier to use a sack of jeans as a seat. I'm actually quite chuffed how well it's turned out 35 years later considering.
Some here will remember the shop

Last edited:

Smithy

You might have made it in a cupboard sitting on a pile of 501s Ken but that's one of the nicest Aero made A-2s I've seen. It's got bags of character and whoever owns it must be mighty chuffed with it.

jeremiah

Heard back from Andy. I need to get him a photo without my head cropped. I will have one taken outside. Hard to get good lighting here in Mississippi but will try.

Skip

Overcast lighting my friend, or at least a tiny amount of sun either end of the day, that will show it off to its best without being too contrasty. We're going to try and get you that jacket soldier.