• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso Rough Wear 23380

Brettafett

Here's an update on Andy's size recommendation:
Based off my chest measurement of 107cm, he suggested a 42 or a 44 for a relaxed fit.
After sending him my full measurements (107cm chest, 128cm shoulder, 91cm waist, and a hight of 167cm) he suggested a 44.
I'll send pictures of the fit when I, eventually, get the jacket. Thanks for the help, again, gentlemen!
What contract did you go for, RW 23380?

Hi Willbyerow! Have you ordered 23380? My BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet arrived on the 24th of this month. The jacket is really great. Due to COVID-19, the lead time was 38 weeks ... In my case, as Mulceber says, the sleeves seem a little short. ···for your information.     Ikarashi Shin-ichi(五十嵐 新一 )   Apr.29 2021 17:55(JP) View attachment 59266View attachment 59267

Your jacket looks amazing; great fit too! I did end up ordering this contract back in December. Andy never responded to my inquiries on when it would be shipped.

mulceber

Your jacket looks amazing; great fit too! I did end up ordering this contract back in December. Andy never responded to my inquiries on when it would be shipped.

The guys at BK can be tough to reach, but they do respond. I’d recommend (politely) emailing him once a week until he responds. That’s worked for me on all the jackets I’ve ordered.

ikarashi shin-ichi

Hi Willbyerow! As I said before, my BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet lead time was 38 weeks due to COVID-19 ...   I understand my feelings, but I will definitely receive them. Let's wait patiently for now.   And when you email Andy, write "I'm patiently waiting for a great jacket" instead of "prompting" !     ・ ・ ・ Please forgive the difference between the nuances and expressions of Google Translate words.
20210504_車スマホ.jpg
210504由良.jpg

Hi Willbyerow! As I said before, my BK RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet lead time was 38 weeks due to COVID-19 ...   I understand my feelings, but I will definitely receive them. Let's wait patiently for now.   And when you email Andy, write "I'm patiently waiting for a great jacket" instead of "prompting" !     ・ ・ ・ Please forgive the difference between the nuances and expressions of Google Translate words.View attachment 59879View attachment 59880

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Great looking jacket, again. I'm glad the shipping to Japan wasn't an issue. I live in Korea, so greetings from across the Sea of Japan.

So, I received my BK in the mail. The build quality is great and I'm really impressed with the russet coloring. With my short high/arms I did not run into the issue of short sleeves. If anything they're too long; however, I am aware that they'll "shrink" with stacking.
Currently, my only issue with the jacket is its restrictive movement. Moving both arms completely forward (or crossing them), zipped or unzipped, is very difficult. I assume this is a normal thing with A-2's. Will this better with wear?

Brettafett

Yes, this is an A-2 thing... Depends on the contract also. Each pattern is different, some offer more or less 'give'.
My RW23380 does 'pull' slightly when I lift both arms, but not much more than any other A-2.
Wear it in, it will loosen up and from my experience you are right, creases will form at the elbows and armpits.
Lovely jacket

YoungMedic

So, I received my BK in the mail. The build quality is great and I'm really impressed with the russet coloring. With my short high/arms I did not run into the issue of short sleeves. If anything they're too long; however, I am aware that they'll "shrink" with stacking.
Currently, my only issue with the jacket is its restrictive movement. Moving both arms completely forward (or crossing them), zipped or unzipped, is very difficult. I assume this is a normal thing with A-2's. Will this better with wear?

I have found the more you wear it the more it wears you, if you're looking to buy a little more room throw on a couple layers and zip it up tight, and start working the leather through the motions, it will loosen up a bit

mulceber

Regarding the sleeves, I would ask BK if they recommend anyone in Korea to shorten the sleeves. It should be pretty simple work. You want to shorten them enough that the knits don’t bunch up much when your arms are by your side, but still leave a little room for the sleeves to shrink as they develop creases.

To be honest, the sleeve length doesn't really bother me. I'd rather not alter the jacket. Truly, my only "complaint' is its mobility. I always planned on wearing this jacket while flying and, with arms extended, the sleeves cover my arms perfectly. Any shorter and I would complain that the utility of the jacket is worse.

Nickb123

To be honest, the sleeve length doesn't really bother me. I'd rather not alter the jacket. Truly, my only "complaint' is its mobility. I always planned on wearing this jacket while flying and, with arms extended, the sleeves cover my arms perfectly. Any shorter and I would complain that the utility of the jacket is worse.

It looks fine. Enjoy the thing; you can always alter later if need be.

Brettafett

This is exactly my thinking (and feeling). It annoys me to no end, with the cuffs half way up my forearms, when driving (or when I used to fly)...