• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso International Shipping Vendor to the U.S.?

HeliPilot23

I received tracking information from Bill Kelso, but I was not told what shipping company they use for deliveries to the United States.

Anyone know?

Thanks...

HeliPilot23

I have emailed a couple of times. They get extremely overwhelmed with emails and may not reply for up to a week or two. I figured it would be more efficient to ask the forum.

I tried fedex and ups to no avail. I completely forgot about DHL.

No joy with DHL.

Perhaps he mistyped the traking number.

Thank you

Last edited:

mulceber

Same - I only found out about them because the same thing happened to me the first time I bought from them, but Andy was a little less busy then and sent me a full url for the tracking.

Last edited:

Tommer45

HeliPilot...I'm 14 weeks into my jacket wait time... does he contact you to confirm measurements before production? I've never ordered a Kelso before... just curious.

mulceber

My experience was yes, although it might be a good idea to take the bull by the horns and contact him about it.

jeremiah

Don’t ever be afraid to pester (within reason) a vendor. They took YOUR money. Remember without YOUR patronage they need to find that one more customer. You have every right to ask questions. If no answer then keep sending emails till you hear.

That said, I once commissioned joe strain for a whip. He no longer makes them readily. He contacted me once he was ready to make it. To verify what I wanted. He didn’t take my money though till he was ready. Some vendors take all the money up front but on the other hand I don’t get why that is always a make or break for some. I find it’s a dangerous path should things go belly up for them.

I rarely will accept money for a belt I am making before I start on it.

mulceber

Nice, I think you're going to love it. Be sure to post pics when you get it.

So it looks like the current wait time is 15 weeks, plus shipping time.

Last edited:

Tommer45

What jacket did you order?

Surrogate in Dark Seal Liberty. I love the style. My Aero LHB was one of my favorite jackets I've ever owned, but was very heavy and whenever I lifted my arms the jacket lifted above my ears. So after about 5 years of constant wear and then another 5 of sitting on a shelf, I sold it. I'm hoping the slightly lighter Liberty horse is more to my liking and also hoping I don't have the same fit problems. I measured 5 of my best fitting jackets and Andy and I at BK exchanged several sizing emails and I'm hoping we maybe got it right. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Tommer45

Arrived yesterday, 16 weeks to the day from when I ordered. She's a beaut! Love the weight and feel of this liberty horse. Nice, mid-weight jacket. Love it. I'll do a quick review sometime soon.

BKsun.jpg

BKsun1.jpg

BK10.jpg

BK12.jpg

BK8.jpg