• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso goes on sale

Brettafett

Ugh Nick, why'd you have to go and post that! :D
Why is there a Lion Heart label?

Edit: Nick, isn't there a competition on BK's Facebook page for best customer jacket? Could win another jacket with these pics.

Technonut2112

Really tempted to try a 27752, perhaps a 40L? The ELC 42 was a tad baggy, but the lengths were fine - then again, the sizing/ fit is such a gamble, isn't it? How long is their waiting time?

The 27752 isn't one of the trimmer patterns, especially in the sleeves. Here's an original:

3ee656d30bdc48f42cc540f921c08ed0.jpg

Out of the repro RW contracts I have owned over the years, I do prefer the 27752 for it's overall comfort and looks. Here's my Good Wear:

e0212784a251802eba4596dbbb1b8051--coats-jackets.jpg

Last edited:

jeremiah

After having that very tight fitting BR RW, I know I prefer a less trim fit and a more relaxed one. wearing my size 40 ELC monarch as I type this. so comfortable yet it is not wearing me. I can only hope my BK aero fits similar.

johnwayne

Some slight reductions on most jackets but crikey, half price for Gen Clare Chennault 23rd FG A2 although originally €1600 was a bit over the top! Anyone viewed the archives gallery? I thought they were selling original vintage jackets but seems they are the basis/pattern for bespoke makings ie one off orders!! Nice idea if you could go for a personal fitting but as we've read on this forum recently, a lot of money to fork out if it don't fit properly once received!!!

M3Cavalry

Did they change their return policy? I just took a look and prices seem the same as they were back in February or so.

Brettafett

Depends. Sometimes next day, sometimes that week, sometimes a few weeks or more later... Occasionally, same day! One never really knows. Its been months since I last heard from him, chasing up my jacket. Almost don't care anymore.

Greg Gale

Just got this from Andy, in case anyone is interested. The measurements seem very, very short compared to ELC.

Star 18245 size 40
------------------
pit to pit 21.5
shoulders 17.5
back 24.5
sleeve 24.5

Star 18245 size 42
------------------
pit to pit 22.5
shoulders 18
back 24.75
sleeve 24.75

Greg Gale

A note I got from Andy: he says it's the ELC that's too long compared to his and originals. I have no way of telling who's right, I just thought I'd mention it for the record.

jeremiah

Well I had a question which went either un noticed or what. So my monarch from ELC has very thin epaulets and storm flap compared to my arco and my dubow and other pics of monarchs look to Have wider epaulets and storm flap. So is ELC wrong on those dimensions or not? I don’t know but maybe someone who does can tell me and if they are wrong perhaps they got some other things wrong?

Brettafett

All I can say is that ELC's jackets (patterns and thus fit) have changed over the years... The patterns have been 'updated' a number of times. I have had many ELCs over the years... For example... I have had three variations of the RW1401 and they all fit differently, the later models are better. I am sure everyone is using original jackets to copy the patterns from, but I am also sure some tweaking has been going on.
EDIT: Nothing is as close to an original, as an original.

Last edited: