• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso - Aero 16160 Chennault

B-Man2

Hello????
Are you still there ??
Hopefully , we’ve changed your mind on the HWT thing. ;)

ausreenactor

Was watching this one and bidding on the 'Connell's Special' one. BK did not answer my messages to confirm if they would declare a lower value than AUD$1000 for customs so I stopped bidding. It went for just over US$800.

Jaw hit the floor when I saw the final price on this one. You must have wanted it a LOT! You certainly got a great jacket for your money. Don't wear it! Put it in a bag and get that sensational overload every year or so when you unleash it... ;)

Thanks for the pics....

Aeroga

Do not, I repeat, do not HWT that jacket. It is totally unnecessary. The sleeves will shorten a little during wear, and the somewhat stiffer blousiness will become more supple. The sleeves are perfect in length as they are.
Thanks I was not firm about the HWT, and keen to wait out until it breaks in more. It's probably a bit of a contrast as my other jackets tend to be more form fitting. You know how the war time A2s tend to be either slightly larger or smaller, I guess this is what the situation is like for me.

Aeroga

Great looking jacket just the way it fits. I wouldn’t do a thing for a year until it breaks in and forms to your frame . What size is that?
Cheers
Thanks Burt this is in size 38 (as per tag) fits size 38-40 in reality

Aeroga

Wow, your jacket looks amazing, the fit is PERFECT in my opinion, and that Victory HH looks TERRIFIC, can’t imagine the patina in a couple years! Great purchase!
Thanks, I refrained from buying more jackets as I want to focus on wearing the existing ones out. This came across and I just had to pull that trigger when it's victory HH and "my size".

Aeroga

Listen to this man. You would be f@£€ing nuts to do anything to this jacket than to just wear it a lot and wear it hard.

There's all this esoteric bullshit you see about wear and patina on dedicated leather jacket sites like this, most of it is absolute nonsense. You want your A-2 to look like those guys in WWII? Just wear the damn thing. Wear it in the rain, wear it when you're doing chores around the yard/garden, wear it to a football match, do some work on the car wearing it, get drunk and fall asleep on the couch in it, eat pizza/a kebab wearing it. Don't be afraid one second or think "should I do this in my jacket?". Live your life in the thing. That's what the fellas back in WWII did in theirs and they looked the best because of it.
Agreed. These are meant to be worn, just like any piece of clothing intended for. The wear and tear on a jacket could really tell a great story. My Dubow is coming to 10 years old and it's been with me in my travels to more than 20 countries.

IMG_20191019_093521-01.jpeg

Aeroga

Was watching this one and bidding on the 'Connell's Special' one. BK did not answer my messages to confirm if they would declare a lower value than AUD$1000 for customs so I stopped bidding. It went for just over US$800.

Jaw hit the floor when I saw the final price on this one. You must have wanted it a LOT! You certainly got a great jacket for your money. Don't wear it! Put it in a bag and get that sensational overload every year or so when you unleash it... ;)

Thanks for the pics....
I actually had been eyeing both jackets. But as I have other jacket projects underway, I could only get one more. Jackets with decals and patches are not really my cup of tea but if I had to choose it would have to be the Chennault. His story is what started my passion for vintage flight jackets.

Just grateful knowing that the Connell's is with another fellow forumer here. Wear it or keep it in good health! I have every intention to wear mine as much as possible!

Why not share some fit pics of yours?

Aeroga

I have been to the Chennault museum in Monroe LA. Killer.
I'd love to visit it one day the next time I am in the US - may be next year. It has been a special year for me, with a few unexpected purchases of A-2s. The news on Masters of the Air continues to fuel my passion for WW2 flight jackets.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
I like the leather of the VH but my BK dubow color is my favorite if my three.
yours looks like a nice antiqued russet like mine.
View attachment 25643View attachment 25644
Hey Jeremiah, stop posting your gorgeous grainy hand-made-re-dyed BK Dubow photos please! What are you doing mate?? I should do some casual work except just looking at its gorgeous photos again!! But I can't stop looking on it! Again!! Please stop)) LOL.