Bill Kelso 15% off for 4th July... How did we miss it?

saucerfiend

25% or more sounds more like a sale. Every time I see a sale with 10-15%, I laugh. That's an insult to intelligence. That kind of markdown is used to generate interest only. To get you to view their catalog. Not for meaningful savings.

Brian

Officer Dibley

I suppose it depends on your profit margin. Unless you have a lot of stock, selling at a loss is suicide.
I imagine that ELC’s profit margin is the biggest yet they never have sales. You don’t need to if your product is in demand....

B-Man2

But there was a time when ELC had some great sales . I remember buying a goatskin Cable from them about 10 years ago when they were clearing them out. Paid about 475.00 for a jacket normally priced at 900.00. Obviously those days are over because ELC doesn’t need to cater to anyone these days.

mulceber

Whoops...saw this sale when it was announced and forgot to post about it here...

As for the amount, actually I'd say it's pretty good! A liberty horsehide A-2 at $150 off (15% of £770 = £115.5 = $150.15 at today's exchange rate)? That's nothing to sneeze at. And I'll echo Dibley's point that, since they don't have inventory, they really can't afford to sell things at much more of a discount than that. Otherwise they're working for free, possibly losing money on the deal.

Last edited: