• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best version BR B2

John Lever

House Buzz B2, heavy horsehide version with non pleated pocket, double buckle neck closure

John Lever

20130828_164844_zps7e1586da_1.jpg
20130828_164844_zps7e1586da_1.jpg

Pilot

Nice jacket superbly crafted,
AE591A4A-EEE7-4135-AD80-9F120E62CE48.jpeg
98085CB9-8B62-4D76-9956-239E3FCD4EAF.jpeg
7A059233-F09F-4CE8-8D00-FE545BACD1F4.jpeg
A7219533-04D3-4924-8B85-D972BB92F7D1.jpeg

However another BR „house jacket“ and another pure BR creation ( read invention) if „Full Gear“ is taken as a reference.
The book shows B-1/B-2 jackets with plane or no pockets only and two Switllik contracts only... ( may be there were others but not mentioned in this book).

John Lever

No Hookless zip but the collar details are correct, the lack of a pocket is as you know is because they were removed post production. Not all B2's had a blanket liner some had the mocquette material. One of the jackets shown in Full Gear has a sheepskin liner so is a B1 probably a Switlik.
Having actually owned and worn one of these I can say that it is a superb jacket, short yes but so are Irvins as they were designed to be worn sitting down. Folk who live in cold climates do fasten the collar right up to keep warm, something I have never managed to do with the little leather hoops on the Werber version, Lost Worlds version or Few version.
If I see a size 42 I will buy it.

Pilot

No Hookless zip but the collar details are correct, the lack of a pocket is as you know is because they were removed post production. Not all B2's had a blanket liner some had the mocquette material. One of the jackets shown in Full Gear has a sheepskin liner so is a B1 probably a Switlik.
Having actually owned and worn one of these I can say that it is a superb jacket, short yes but so are Irvins as they were designed to be worn sitting down. Folk who live in cold climates do fasten the collar right up to keep warm, something I have never managed to do with the little leather hoops on the Werber version, Lost Worlds version or Few version.
If I see a size 42 I will buy it.
Sur you know where to find them at least the „ Few“ versions :)

John Lever

I bought a new Few B2 about 10 years ago but sold it because the leather bruised my elbows and the blanket lined was too irritating.
John has an original Switlik B1 not sure if he plans a copy but that was years ago.
There is something about the early jacket designs I really like.

ausreenactor

Here is an original Werber. Need a better reference book! ;)