• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best restoration company in america

foster

I go off on vacation, and it's like all these 'rarer-than-unicorn' originals start emerging. Quick, I am now accepting donations so I can go on vacation again, so more amazing finds can emerge on this forum!

Beautiful rare original with the family connection makes this one priceless. I also echo what others have suggested - buy a repro of the same contract. Wear it as your grandfather wore his, without worrying over the risk of damage to something irreplaceable.

Joseph

Unfortunately I think Joseph has “left the building”............ so to speak.
Sorry for the delay, I'm defiantly thinking I'll go with preserving it. That of course opens up a whole new can of worms. I have no idea how to do it, and at the same time I don't really just want to let it continue to degrade away. So is there any source of info on how to best do that? Or a person who could do it? How would I store it afterwards? Can you put it in a frame like a sports jersey? It's like finding out you have a classic car that you can't drive but still need to do something with.
Open to any ideas.

B-Man2

Hey Joseph
thought we lost you.
There are several people in this forum who are experts at preserving and maintaining these types of leather artifacts. Some of them will respond when they see this post , others like Good Wear Leather Company, Eastman Leather Company and Aero Leather Company you can contact directly and tell them what you have. You do have a classic, there is no doubt about that fact . The best part of the story was that it belonged to your grandfather!

kukuriga

Thanks for sharing. Indeed, it is really very important to know how it is correct to take care of fabric surfaces especially let her. I always thought that you must be consulted in the stock, according to the method of cleaning and care of leather goods. Unfortunately, I spoiled my leather jackets for several times. Frankly speaking, we have 3 children and they damaged a lot a leather sofa a, drawing on it with a pen. Once we called a cleaning company https://www.shineupcleaning.com to clean up our house and I even didn't hope that they will remove the stains but they did it! So, now it looks like a new one.

Last edited: