• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

JonnyCrow

Most did back then. I met an old lady in 1980 who spoke exactly like that. She was a private investigator. Probably in her 50’s but looked in her 90’s. Tough lookin old gal. Actually, not just looking, she was a tough old gal.
Probably the hard smokin and drinking aged her also haha you always saw cops smoking and hitting the bar with the team shift after work

Pa12

I actually worked for her very briefly. I was around 21,22 and desperately looking for work. The whole thing was like an old movie. Her name was Kay Darling , Darling investigations. Being the new guy, I’d get all the shit jobs. Mostly following people around trying to catch them screwing around on their spouses. Just felt too sleezy and didn’t sit well with me. Lasted about 3 weeks. Rather be unemployed with a clear conscience ;)

JonnyCrow

I actually worked for her very briefly. I was around 21,22 and desperately looking for work. The whole thing was like an old movie. Her name was Kay Darling , Darling investigations. Being the new guy, I’d get all the shit jobs. Mostly following people around trying to catch them screwing around on their spouses. Just felt too sleezy and didn’t sit well with me. Lasted about 3 weeks. Rather be unemployed with a clear conscience ;)
Sounds like hiding behind hedges with a 35mm film camera and a long lens :D

Pa12

I can imagine, isn't that where the term gumshoe and shitheel came from? :D
Yep. Every time I went to the unemployment office the only jobs a the time was collection agency and private investigator. I knew enough about collection agencies so there’s no way I was going to to that. PI? Hmmm. I loved the Rockford files. How bad could it be ? Found out real quick see.;)

Chandler

I loved the Rockford files. How bad could it be ? Found out real quick see.;)
So many PIs I read (yes, fiction) always talk about not doing divorce or marriage cases.

When I worked with the local police force we always put the radar on high alert with domestic calls.

Pa12

So many PIs I read (yes, fiction) always talk about not doing divorce or marriage cases.

When I worked with the local police force we always put the radar on high alert with domestic calls.
My uncle was a cop for 30 years. Always said domestic calls were the worst. And usually the wife wouldn’t press charges. In fact she quite often ended up beating on the cops for trying to arrest her husband. Things have changed now. Cops are told to just charge and let them sort it out in court. Of course that opened up another can of worms. People being accused and charged just for spite, even though they didn’t do anything. Then it’s up to you to let the lawyers bankrupt you proving it. Nasty business.

asiamiles

Kenneth Anger, Feb 3rd 1927 ~ May 11th 2023.

anger.jpg