• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Grant

another shot of Kirk on location while filming 'Champion' in 1949

KirkII.jpg

Chandler

Paul Michael Glaser -- AKA Starsky.
WVJrkid.png
Watching episodes from season 1 of S&H, it looks like Starsky's jacket has the thin, loose weave waist knit of the early G-1 variants. Couple that with the variegated wear on the hide and I'd guess it's an M-422 or AN.

You can also see the shadow of where there was a typical Navy name tag on the left side.

MikeyB-17

Yes I’ve had a look at a couple of pics (getting difficult to copy stuff for some reason these days), it’s definitely an older jacket, the zip is the small puller style, not the paperclip, and in one pic it has a rib-rack knit-it looks like it’s a replacement (seems a bit overstretched), but the length of the leather tabs at the front indicates that it was originally a wider knit, probably of the same type.

ES335

If I'm not mistaken, John Benedict Hillerman who played "Higgens" on Magnum, P.I. wore an A-2 in the early 70's film Paper Moon. Sorry, not coming up with a photo on the webs yet...