• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Best Match"?

Lignemaginot

Has anyone noticed ebay's new method of shoing search results? The first list you see is what they term, "Best Match".

You can then ask to see the results sorted by which is ending soonest, or whatever, but I was still stumped as to how they knew what a "Best Match" is for me....

After a little searching, it turns out that the "Best Match" has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with the Seller:

"The Best Match option for sorting search results has been improved to incorporate seller performance factors, increasing exposure for listings from sellers providing excellent customer service. eBay will advantage the listings of the upper half of sellers in terms of buyer satisfaction. Sellers with detailed seller ratings above 4.6 in the last 30 days will receive 5% to 25% more exposure than the average seller."

I guess this is what sellers get in return for the new, exhorbitant ebay fees. What a bargain.

Clark J

I set my searches for newly listed since I'am on looking all the time.Once in a great wile you get that "buy it now" deal when a seller doesn't know what they have.

Jaydee

Clark J said:
I set my searches for newly listed since I'am on looking all the time.Once in a great wile you get that "buy it now" deal when a seller doesn't know what they have.
Shhhhh! ;)