• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best M422 repro ?

Chandler

Back in the 80s and 90s I collected every Tigers book I could get my hands on (including The Maverick War). But I haven't read through them since I put them in storage about 20 years ago.

My interest in the AVG was first piqued by Boyington's account of joining and fighting with them in "Baa Baa Black Sheep." When others (Bond, Shilling, Smith) published their memoirs I snapped them up.

Ford's "Flying Tigers" history was a good read, though controversial at the time because of his "research" that showed no Zeros ever flew against the Tigers. Many of the original vets took offense.

Pistole's portfolio of (purloined?) memorabilia was fascinating -- over and over again.

I always wished there was more interest in the AVG than there was, they were a pretty unique group in interesting times.

Last edited:

Brettafett

Late to the party, but am also a big AVG fanboy and agree totally.
Not read The Maverick War or Lady and the Tigers... Probably only two Ive not read, lol
Worth a read????

Chandler

Late to the party, but am also a big AVG fanboy and agree totally.
Not read The Maverick War or Lady and the Tigers... Probably only two Ive not read, lol
Worth a read????
Of the two, only read "The Maverick War," but any book on the Tigers is worth a read to me.

Also:

Lots of great images here -- even M-422s (keeping on subject).

Grant

Agree, but who's the dork on the right in the short sleeves!

M422.png