• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best current 5* A-2

B-Man2

That's Fivestar for you... email these guys and within the hour you have a reply...

HH options available and that reddish brown sure looks nice..
and so does the v(w)isky, and the pull up.
Or de steer in reddish brown below

Seal and black are not an option, I have a black civi jacket.

A poughkeepsie in that reddish brown , might be a winner.

View attachment 105049View attachment 105051
You may want to have Shawn send you some photos of a completed jacket in the reddish brown hide . The reason I’m suggesting this is because I’ve found that the samples never really give you an accurate idea of what the entire jacket will look like when it’s completed. What looks like a great finish and color on the sample can sometimes be over powering and too red outside in the sun light. So if Shawn sends you some photos of a jacket in this color ask him to send you both indoor and outdoor photos for a more accurate idea of what your jacket will look like .

WingAndaPrayer

That's Fivestar for you... email these guys and within the hour you have a reply...

HH options available and that reddish brown sure looks nice..
and so does the v(w)isky, and the pull up.
Or de steer in reddish brown below

Seal and black are not an option, I have a black civi jacket.

A poughkeepsie in that reddish brown , might be a winner.

View attachment 105049View attachment 105051
The visky crunch is overly fake aged and VERY thick leather. It would do more for a saddle bag or boots IMO. I was not impressed with that hide at all.

Razorback

contracts where Shawn was able to examine an original:
Dubow 27798
Rough Wear 27752
Poughkeepsie
Star Sportswear

Their United Sheeplined pattern was taken using VERY detailed photos that I sent them, but Shawn did not examine it in person.
Hello Jan,
does that imply you also provided Shawn with thorough measurements of main parts/lenghts of an original United Sheeplined ?

mulceber

Hello Jan,
does that imply you also provided Shawn with thorough measurements of main parts/lenghts of an original United Sheeplined ?
Yep, Shawn sent me a list of measurements he wanted (iirc, it was something like 20) and I sent him both the measurements and about 40 photos of the jacket. I did the same with my Cable 27753, but I don't think Shawn ever got around to reproducing it.

Blackboxr1200S

A couple of weeks ago, eventually decided to go with the Rough Wear 27752
Here it is...

Fresh in from Fivestar and pretty pleased with the result.
Got all I asked for, nice HH mid brown color, olive stitching, seal brown knits, consistent thickness leather all around.

Happy with the sleeves and shoulders. Always tricky when ordering different maker contract.
The RW sleeves are al lot more trim then the Dubow, but not uncomfortable, and I do like the "sporty" look :cool:

The factory fresh collar needs to be run over by a cement truck, but that wil sort itself out in a few weeks, giving it a good wear and since it's been raining here the whole time, a good soak might help also.

Wife asked me wht would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know...

All in all, a nice jacket.
Thanks Shawn and team.

IMG_20230512_170701C.jpg
IMG_20230512_170711C.jpg

IMG_20230512_170834.jpg

IMG_20230512_170859C.jpg

IMG_20230512_170904.jpg

IMG_20230512_170931.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Here it is...

Got all I asked for, nice HH mid brown color, olive stitching, mid brown knits, consistent thickness leather all around.

Happy with the sleeves and shoulders. Always tricky when ordering different maker contract.
The RW sleeves are al lot more trim then the Dubow, but not uncomfortable, and I do like the "sporty" look :cool:

The factory fresh collar needs to be run over by a cement truck, but that wil sort itself out in a few weeks, giving it a good wear and since it's been raining here the whole time, a good soak might help also.

Wife asked me why would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know...

Thanks Shawn and team.

View attachment 109487View attachment 109489

View attachment 109491

View attachment 109493

View attachment 109495

View attachment 109497

B-Man2

“Wife asked me why would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know..”

Rule #12. Regardless of which jackets I wear, my wife thinks that they all look alike and, at this point of my life, is suggesting I get tested for dementia!

:oops:

Last edited:
Here it is...

Got all I asked for, nice HH mid brown color, olive stitching, seal brown knits, consistent thickness leather all around.

Wife asked me wht would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know...

Thanks Shawn and team.

View attachment 109487View attachment 109489

View attachment 109491

View attachment 109493

View attachment 109495

View attachment 109497
Nice! Like the trim sleeves too.

JonnyCrow

“Wife asked me why would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know..”

Rule #12. Regardless of which jackets I wear, my wife thinks that they all look alike and, at this point of my life, is suggesting I get tested for dementia!

:oops:
Burt I get the " Spanish inquisition" sometimes over similar things haha well she is Spanish, " can you wear those jackets all the time, two the same? They're not actually, they're a B10 and a b15 but you get the picture :D