• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best current 5* A-2

A couple of weeks ago, eventually decided to go with the Rough Wear 27752
Here it is...

Fresh in from Fivestar and pretty pleased with the result.
Got all I asked for, nice HH mid brown color, olive stitching, seal brown knits, consistent thickness leather all around.

Happy with the sleeves and shoulders. Always tricky when ordering different maker contract.
The RW sleeves are al lot more trim then the Dubow, but not uncomfortable, and I do like the "sporty" look :cool:

The factory fresh collar needs to be run over by a cement truck, but that wil sort itself out in a few weeks, giving it a good wear and since it's been raining here the whole time, a good soak might help also.

Wife asked me wht would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know...

All in all, a nice jacket.
Thanks Shawn and team.

View attachment 109487View attachment 109489

View attachment 109491

View attachment 109493

View attachment 109495

View attachment 109497Hi Blackboxr,
I recently received my dubow from 5* and am pretty pleased with it. I'm considering another A2 from them but deciding which pattern, color etc. I'm curious about your nre RW sleeve measurements relative to your Dubow. I noticed that the sleeve length given in the 5* sizing chart for both the Dubow and RW are the same but the shoulder length of the dubow is 17.9 for the size 44 and 19.
A couple of weeks ago, eventually decided to go with the Rough Wear 27752
Here it is...

Fresh in from Fivestar and pretty pleased with the result.
Got all I asked for, nice HH mid brown color, olive stitching, seal brown knits, consistent thickness leather all around.

Happy with the sleeves and shoulders. Always tricky when ordering different maker contract.
The RW sleeves are al lot more trim then the Dubow, but not uncomfortable, and I do like the "sporty" look :cool:

The factory fresh collar needs to be run over by a cement truck, but that wil sort itself out in a few weeks, giving it a good wear and since it's been raining here the whole time, a good soak might help also.

Wife asked me wht would you buy two of the same jackets, but what does she know...

All in all, a nice jacket.
Thanks Shawn and team.

View attachment 109487View attachment 109489

View attachment 109491

View attachment 109493

View attachment 109495

View attachment 109497

Hi Blackboxr,
Not sure what happened on my last reply so I'll star over with hopefully a more succinct question. When you ordered your 5* RW did you have to have Shawn increase the sleeve length? If so how much more or less was it compared to your 5* Dubow since the shoulder width of the two patterns are different? Assuming your RW was the same size (44) as your Dubow.

Blackboxr12s

I recently received my dubow from 5* and am pretty pleased with it. I'm considering another A2 from them but deciding which pattern, color etc. I'm curious about your nre RW sleeve measurements relative to your Dubow. I noticed that the sleeve length given in the 5* sizing chart for both the Dubow and RW are the same but the shoulder length of the dubow is 17.9 for the size 44 and 19.
If you are happy with the sleeve length on the Dubow, just sent the guys an email with photo requesting the same length for the RW or whatever contract you want to order next.
That's what I did,
My Werber, Dubow and RW, sleeve length is just fine on all 3 different contracts.
They make it fit just right.

Peter

If you are happy with the sleeve length on the Dubow, just sent the guys an email with photo requesting the same length for the RW or whatever contract you want to order next.
That's what I did,
My Werber, Dubow and RW, sleeve length is just fine on all 3 different contracts.
They make it fit just right.

Peter
Thanks Peter. As always I appreciate your advise.
Chris