• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Contract for Wider shoulders?

Happy Hooligan

Which contract fits best for someone with wider shoulders, ie: me. about 5'10ish and 173 pounds. 44 chest. My current 44 Aero gets snug if I lean forward with out stretched arms. My 46 didn't but had too much room in the waist. Did one contract or two make them for a wider shoulder type guy?

Brettafett

Good points above!
A lot depends though, are you asking out of interest about original WW2 jackets, or are you actually asking about a modern top-tier repro maker, wanting one for yourself, etc.
Originals? Maybe Roughwear, Poughkeepsie, possibly Cable and the No-Name 42-18246...
If you're talking repros, you may want to look at the Roughwears... Certainly ELC's House model perhaps. Also what about Headwind's Knopf 42-18246P?

Skyhawk

Good points above!
A lot depends though, are you asking out of interest about original WW2 jackets, or are you actually asking about a modern top-tier repro maker, wanting one for yourself, etc.
Originals? Maybe Roughwear, Poughkeepsie, possibly Cable and the No-Name 42-18246...
If you're talking repros, you may want to look at the Roughwears... Certainly ELC's House model perhaps. Also what about Headwind's Knopf 42-18246P?
Thanks Brett! Yes ours will have the wider than standard shoulders found on the Knopf 42-18246P contract.

Brettafett

I had a GW Knopf 18246 circa 2005, it was a super comfortable and classy A-2. If the sleeves were longer, I'd still have that jacket today.
It was not 'roomy' or 'baggy' at all, just... easy to wear and manoeuvre in, still retaining that classy A-2 profile. I put it down to the cut/ pattern, maybe slightly wider shoulders, without 'droop'... maybe slightly larger arm holes...

foster

I had a GW Knopf 18246 circa 2005, it was a super comfortable and classy A-2. If the sleeves were longer, I'd still have that jacket today.
It was not 'roomy' or 'baggy' at all, just... easy to wear and manoeuvre in, still retaining that classy A-2 profile. I put it down to the cut/ pattern, maybe slightly wider shoulders, without 'droop'... maybe slightly larger arm holes...
I thought GW didn't get started until 2007/2008?

Brettafett

I was living in San Diego at the time, and by that time had already been through a few Eastmans... I only wish I could go back and re-do it. I think I waited 2 months for that RW. The 18246 was a 'new' return, so got that in a few days!
Unfortunately I was not happy with the lengths of the 18246 and the RW was a bit baggy. I wish, I wish I had bagged a couple more ;)

blackrat2

What Officer Dibley said, if sleeves ride up maybe a contract with the rotated sleeves...think that’s the right term?!

regius

Has anyone been in touch/getting responses from John these days? During the summer he replied fast, and regarding my detached nipple stud on the Aero, he replied fast, but since Oct, he only updated me on the Poughkeepsies then no answer.

Pilot

Finest of the finest...! go for it if its your size...nothing better on the market right now...50% of the regular price, no waiting time...1000% high above all other repros so often prized...