• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best buy in a B-10 ABOVE size 44?

zoomer

I know there ain't much out there unless you go Aero or ELC.
I own a Pike Bros., which is disappointing in every way. Thin itchy liner, bloopy sleeves, death-grip elastics inside insta-pill cuffs, and can't be bothered to keep out the wind, never mind the wet.
Is QMI/Brabander a decent choice?

Greg Gale

I've read some negative feedback about QMI. They run really short too. Bronson's largest B-10 is 44, I have a size 40, I can't recommend it enough. Sure not an Eastman, but a helluva bang or the buck.

zoomer

The QMI has a decent back length. I wish they'd list zipper length the way everyone used to. Why did that go away?

Thomas Koehle

I have a QMI for sale or trade if you might be interested

approx. size is 46 - i`m 1.90 cm / weight is about 100 kg

compared to PIKE - which is for me just a very sloppy "copy" but not even a reproduction - I think the jacket is better

the liner is a kinda "teddy-like" stuff which does by far not look any kinda real

FQh1rld.jpg

t6htihT.jpg

Last edited:

zoomer

Thomas, I am your same weight at 180cm so this might fit nicely...
A little confused about QMI / Godar's / Brabander. I had a Godar's 44 come thru here that was cut short enough for a damn monkey!

FWIW a Brabander B-10 is shown here in more detail than on Brabander's own site.

Thomas Koehle

I think the jacket is labeled with GODAR`s and - yes - I got it from LOMAX back then ...

This is the jacket from the backside

eG5nzTR.jpg

I didn`t use it for some time so I do not remember about the back-lenth???

Cannot measure coz I'm still in MEX and will arrive back in "D" only in about two weeks