• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best bet for zip replacement?

Tim P

to accompany my recently aquired ELC B-6 i have been seeking a pair of A-5 pants and today, the answer came in a pair of flake free clean fleeced Aero leather ones. A tasty size 46 Reg. I doubt they were used judging from the cleanliness of the interior of the shearling. They cost the princely sum of £70 but both the long front zips need replacing as they are rusted out and the legs are half open. the other zips can be saved with some TLC.
Who is my best bet to take the work on? Has anyone had a similar situation rectified to their satisfaction?

Also, I am contemplating a coat of pecards. Will this penetrate the acrylic coating, and if so will the sheepskin underneath be happy I have done so? These pants will be worn at reunions and LH displays. if they are not up to it I face 600 bucks worth of repro :(