• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best bang for your buck, B10 wise.

Tim P

Without wishing to bash anyones pricing, I would like to hear what people reckon re B10 jacket makers offerings. I used to have an Eastman and it was a bang on match for my original trousers. Their pricing, and Buzz rickson are nowadays too rich for my retired budget so I am curious whose is best value.
If the shell colour or weave is wrong or if the collar is made of really spiky looking fake fur then Im out. So I don’t mind paying, but I won’t throw bad money after good…

B-Man2

Without wishing to bash anyones pricing, I would like to hear what people reckon re B10 jacket makers offerings. I used to have an Eastman and it was a bang on match for my original trousers. Their pricing, and Buzz rickson are nowadays too rich for my retired budget so I am curious whose is best value.
If the shell colour or weave is wrong or if the collar is made of really spiky looking fake fur then Im out. So I don’t mind paying, but I won’t throw bad money after good…
Take a look at a Bronson B-10. It’s not perfect but its ok and the jacket is well worth the price in my opinion .

mulceber

Yup, agree with Nick. Bronson, Five Star, etc. do a decent job. But used BR cloth flight jackets come up for sale all the time on ebay, buyee, yahoo japan, etc. You'll get a knock-out of a jacket for a bit more than what the others are charging.

Last edited:

mulceber

I've never seen a BR in size 48.
Didn't see his post saying he was a 48 before. You're right that sizing's an issue, as it's always been. Still, there are a LOT of people that I see who wear smaller sizes buying new from the budget options when the fancy ones are in easy reach, if you know where to look.

mulceber

Agreed. The lack of wool and/or alpaca pile lining sours me on Five Star's cloth flight jackets, but if you need a 48 and you want to get a well-made B-10 at a reasonable price, they're your best bet.

Last edited:

Brettafett

Theres also Aero? And At The Front (although I didn't like their recent version)...
I saw an ELC B-10 on Ebay, not sure size of if its still there. Like gold-dust.

ties70

Agreed. The lack of wool and/or alpaca pile lining sours me on Five Star's cloth flight jackets, but if you need a 48 and you want to get a well-made B-10 at a reasonable price, they're your best bet.

Jan,

while @Shawn Ali was in Germany for the last weeks he had the chance to make an in-depth analysis of my size 48 RMNZ Reed B-10.

Getting a set of measurements from a larger size should be a big advantage for the "bigger" guys around here!

I would expect that in the future he will add that B-10 contract to his line up, hopefully with the correct materials sourced.

Brettafett

Ties, that sounds good.
A fleece-lined option would also be a good addition (ATF). Yes, not authentic, but brilliant and practical to wear...

ties70

Ties, that sounds good.
A fleece-lined option would also be a good addition (ATF). Yes, not authentic, but brilliant and practical to wear...

If he is able to source a correct colored Polar-Fleece from Malden Mills, then I am definitely in!

The current house style has been my constant wearer over the last months, despite the teddy lining. The B-10 is a helluva practical jacket...

ausreenactor

Jan,

while @Shawn Ali was in Germany for the last weeks he had the chance to make an in-depth analysis of my size 48 RMNZ Reed B-10.

Getting a set of measurements from a larger size should be a big advantage for the "bigger" guys around here!

I would expect that in the future he will add that B-10 contract to his line up, hopefully with the correct materials sourced.
Shawn got to meet up with you?

100% jealous.

ties70

Shawn got to meet up with you?

100% jealous.

Trevor,

Unfortunately not. We both had a busy schedule, so there was no time to meet in person. But I did send a package with three jackets (A-2, B-10 and 37J) to FS's German office in Duesseldorf. It was already there when Shawn arrived and he had plenty of time to inspect, photograph and measure them.

Ties