• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best A2 Leather

mulceber

Yep, and it's a gorgeous leather. Here's a picture of it in moderate sunlight, if it helps. What repro makers are on your short list?
06E78AD5-D243-4711-AA8E-782FA44A3FDA_1_105_c.jpeg

Yep, and it's a gorgeous leather. Here's a picture of it in moderate sunlight, if it helps. What repro makers are on your short list?

Awesome pic -- thanks! I've only considered Eastman or Aero. I already have a Hooch Hauler from Aero and they were really great to deal with.

I bought it in Vicenza HH leather and it's heavy. I was looking for something that's a bit lighter for an A-2 -- this thread's pretty helpful.

mulceber

I haven’t handled Vicenza myself, but warhorse is lighter than most, so that’ll fit the bill. You might also look at Bill Kelso’s website, though I think their horsehide’s probably more around the weight of Vicenza. Still, worth perusing.

I haven’t handled Vicenza myself, but warhorse is lighter than most, so that’ll fit the bill. You might also look at Bill Kelso’s website, though I think their horsehide’s probably more around the weight of Vicenza. Still, worth perusing.
Thanks for suggesting Kelso -- have you had experience ordering from them?

mulceber

Yep - three jackets and waiting on my fourth (so I may be a tad biased ;) ). The quality is comparable with Eastman’s, but for hundreds cheaper. Granted, communication is spotty and the wait times are also much longer than Eastman - about six months at present.

Yep - three jackets and waiting on my fourth (so I may be a tad biased ;) ). The quality is comparable with Eastman’s, but for hundreds cheaper. Granted, communication is spotty and the wait times are also much longer than Eastman - about six months at present.
I suppose Kelso requires the money upfront and then the jacket is delivered some months later?

Hi all,

Just ordered an Eastman's RoughWear 1401-P Havana HH from Charles at HPA. Had some great advice from Charles for sizing and he suggested a 40R.

Of course, spending that kind of cash on a jacket you want all the bells and whistles... so i got one:

B-Man2

Hi all,

Just ordered an Eastman's RoughWear 1401-P Havana HH from Charles at HPA. Had some great advice from Charles for sizing and he suggested a 40R.

Of course, spending that kind of cash on a jacket you want all the bells and whistles... so i got one:
Congrats on the new A2 ..... oh .. and whistle;)
Don’t forget to show us when it arrives .
Cheers