• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best a2 Collar

Tim P

love Dubow collars hate roughwear both for comfort and looks.
anyone any loves and hates?

T-Bolt

I love Dubow....Doniger....Monarch collars. In general I like simple attachment collars over collar stands, they seem to be more comfortable. But, I will admit there is a simple elegance to the look of the stand-type collar. :cool:

Ted

Tim P

i think the sturdier the collar the stiffer the whole jacket feels especially when driving which, it has to be said, mimics the position one adopts when flying ;)

Roughwear

I particularly like the pointed collar on Donigers. Here's a shot of an original in my collection.

028-1.jpg

My next favourite is the Star.

027-2.jpg

bfrench

Administrator
Tim P said:
love Dubow collars hate roughwear both for comfort and looks.
anyone any loves and hates?

Love the collar stand jackets - all the others just look like something hung on by a trainee seamstress.

Flame time - wwwhhheeee.

Bill French

Roughwear

bfrench said:
Love the collar stand jackets - all the others just look like something hung on by a trainee seamstress.

Flame time - wwwhhheeee.

Bill French

Hmm.. one with considerable skill judging by most of the non-collar stand A2s I have seen. :lol: :lol:

Tim P

see, that old dubow is topping out time after time... my original poughkeepsie was great too mind but the pointed ends and otherwise slim collar of the dubow shines out as the most comfortable and attractive.

Falcon_52

I have 3 favorites: I really like the collar shape on the 33-1729 Werber. It's almost like an English spread collar dress shirt. I also like the Perry collar shape - it looks very elegant with it's rounded points. The other collar that I think is a nice shape is the Aero 16160, which is the last contract they made with the collar stand. In fact, all three of these have a collar stand construction. I am seeing a pattern here... :geek:

Noel

khiattP-51

I'll go against the majority here and say Bronco. One of the sharpest collars ever. Then, Rough Wear - yes, I actually said Rough Wear! I do also like Aero collars, Monarch and of course, Dubow.

-Kevin

greyhound52

Doniger, Dubow, and Monarch. I like my repro Buzz RW collars but the original RW collars dig into my neck. I was able to form them like I did on the repro. Looks wise I really like the Doniger.

A

Anonymous

That's all nice guys, but for us poor who don't have originals and can't afford but one repro, would you please post some photos of unfolded collars (from the back) so that we see the whole shape of the collar? And maybe even try to compare?

Thanks and regards,

shanghai joe

PLATON said:
That's all nice guys, but for us poor who don't have originals and can't afford but one repro, would you please post some photos of unfolded collars (from the back) so that we see the whole shape of the collar? And maybe even try to compare?

Thanks and regards,

broke, NOT poor you mean......your time will come, just put a little aside on a regular basis......I know I'm one of the broke ones........