• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEN GREENHOLTZ & CO B-15

Roughwear

Ben Greenholtz & Co had just one contract for B-15s awarded in 1944. This jacket is in lightly worn condition and is 100% original. The zipper is a blackened Talon and the leather pull was factory fitted. The mouton is in perfect condition. It's tagged a size 40, but fits a little larger as was common with B-15 jackets.

036-3.jpg

039-2.jpg

038-3.jpg

040-2.jpg

041-3.jpg

043-3.jpg

044-2.jpg

045-2.jpg

046-2.jpg

049-2.jpg

050-2.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
Ben Greenholtz & Co had just one contract for B-15s awarded in 1944.

Yes, great jacket ...

Looking at the book, it appears that apart from Arnoff, all the contracts were issued together. It's unusual to have such a wide variety of manufacturers all making the same jacket at the one time.

Peter Graham

deeb7 said:
it appears that apart from Arnoff, all the contracts were issued together. It's unusual to have such a wide variety of manufacturers all making the same jacket at the one time.
I guess they needed a lot of them at the same time. Very nice B-15 Andrew and it's a great fit too. Hang on to it.

SuinBruin

Dang Andrew, that jacket is in amazing condition. I'm not a fan of mouton collars but that is a fantastic find.

ciddu

Congrats, Andrew, that's a beauty!
Near perfect conditions, and even the shoulder stencil is still very bright.
I didn't know you're into cloth jackets too, but (as usual) you really found a great one.

TankBuster

Really great B-15! That's a tough one to get in clean condition and a large wearable size. The 1st Pattern B-15 is the only WW2 cloth jacket that I don't have a minty large example of. I had one at one time, but it was a tad too small so I sold it off. It seems that real nice, large B-15A's are easier to find. I have one and have seen many for sale over the years.

hacmd

Ben,
I this jacket sold? What are it's measurements? If sold, at what price?
It's a beautiful piece!
hacmd