• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belts made by Jeremiah

Skip

As you all know there is quite a bit of talent and expertise hanging around this place, one of them is Jeremiah. Most of you would have seen the threads he's posted of the various jackets that he's re-dyed and fixed up, also the knowledge and experience he has in working with leather.

Well a few months back one of my belts died, and in one of our conversations on all things jacket and leather, I asked if he would do one of his belts for me, well it ended up being two.

J makes simple rustic style belts among other things like panniers, satchels etc, that are made to last and take a beating. Unlike most belts purchased from consumer shops, J's creations are full grain bridle leather, which he cuts and shapes to your desired effect and size. These will patina and grain with use and age. Both are russet undertoned and dyed on top with J's special mix to get the desired colour you require. In my case one that is russet but with patina thrown in, the other more a seal chocolate colour with a red undertone, much like my ANJ3. I opted for a pointed end (never been fond of a rounded end - but thats just me) which J shaped to perfection. Buckle is simple elegant design and stainless steel, with a warm chrome look to it. The belt will of course due to its newness and thickness, take a bit of time to mould to ones shape, which unfortunately now being Summer down under, my jeans are in the closet and the boardies are on, so haven't had much wear as yet but when on they look and feel great. Along with the belts comes a plethora of advice on care and maintenance.

For those who are looking for something a little different and specially crafted, in a belt or something else made of leather then I would recommend getting in touch with Jeremiah, his work is excellent.

IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_0485.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0477.JPG

Officer Dibley

J, you got skills dude :)

I used to make belts, tool and tape holders etc 20+ years ago. Waxed leather, Copper rivets and thick stitching. Very relaxing hobby. Maybe time to pick it up again.....