• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belstaff advice

Happy Hooligan

I'm looking for a Made in England Belstaff TrialMaster and wanted some advice on which years/styles were the best. I have a current one but it's made in Italy I believe and has a velvet collar which I don't like. I'm a size 44 with longer arms so which size should I look for? I notice they're all different during different time periods they were made. Some are by number size, some are just L or XL? Which size would fit me for which year? And of course does anyone have an old one they would like to sell?

thanks

robrinay

If you
I'm looking for a Made in England Belstaff TrialMaster and wanted some advice on which years/styles were the best. I have a current one but it's made in Italy I believe and has a velvet collar which I don't like. I'm a size 44 with longer arms so which size should I look for? I notice they're all different during different time periods they were made. Some are by number size, some are just L or XL? Which size would fit me for which year? And of course does anyone have an old one they would like to sell?

thanks
if you Google ‘Jojo’s General Store by Rag Parade’ you’ll find a shop with lots of vintage Belstaff in various styles and sizes. The owner - Jojo Elgarice will happily advise you if you contact him. It’s on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield South Yorkshire U.K. - of course he sells lots of other quality vintage gear too so it’s well worth a visit.

Happy Hooligan

I did through instagram. He wasn't much help, just said they are tough to find. I just joined a Belstaff group on fB so maybe someone there will know.

entertainment

I have a cotton one and a nylon one. I think they are from the 1970s or 1980s but not entirely sure. The cotton one is labeled 42"/108 cm. The label on the nylon one has deteriorated somewhat, but I think it says 104-108 cm/L. I am guessing you are interested in cotton. I could take some measurements and show a picture of the label etc if you are interested. Definitely both Made in England.

I also have some of the nylon ones from Italy. They really aren't bad jackets, at least some of the earlier ones after the location of manufacturer migrated. Then the number of variations and the colors got silly.

Happy Hooligan

yes please when you have a chance. I'm looking at late English made one and it's only "Large" It's a gold label. Just looking for Cotton. My current one is about 2 years old I guess. They have a sale every year at 60% off and couldn't resist, although my color choice was limited.

entertainment

Here you go! (Gloomy day unfortunately.)

IMG_3218.JPG
IMG_3220.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3222.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG

Happy Hooligan

I love it! And it seems pretty big for a 42. Easily fit a 44. The one I'm looking at just says Large. It's the last of the English made ones I believe.

Dany McDonald

Watch out for the sleeve length, once layered with thick undergarment, when reaching for the handlebars.

What is you size?

I have a small collection of Trialmaster, Roadmaster...etc in the form of Belstaff & Driza-Bone all pre-italian take over. I may have a very vintage and salty kit (jacket & Pants) in the collection in a size 42-44.

D

B-Man2

I have a Barbour International that is the clone of the Belstaff Trials jacket. When it gets wet and cold I throw on an A2 under the Barbour and it works great . Warm and toasty as they say :)

Happy Hooligan

Watch out for the sleeve length, once layered with thick undergarment, when reaching for the handlebars.

What is you size?

I have a small collection of Trialmaster, Roadmaster...etc in the form of Belstaff & Driza-Bone all pre-italian take over. I may have a very vintage and salty kit (jacket & Pants) in the collection in a size 42-44.

D
I'm a US 44. I do have long arms though, that's why I like the Belstaff over the Barbour. Every Barbour I've tried on has short arms.

Dany McDonald

Barbour & Belstaff are very different in cut. I too layer my Barbour International with a A-2...Impossible with Trialmaster!