• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Before There Was Good Wear , BK, JA DuBow, or 5Star....... There Was SEFTON .

Amit

1612979362022.png

jack31916

Hi Jack
These are becoming fairly rare jackets , why not consider having the jacket restored . New lining and knits all the way around would probably be around $250 -$300 and you would have a rare jacket in nice condition. If you decided to sell it one day, you would see a return on that investment, as one of these in nice condition is running around $500-$600.
Any chance you might consider posting some photos of yours in this thread ?:)
I have the jacket partially restored i.e a new lining, knits and a genuine WW2 Talon. The lady I asked to do job couldn't fix the collarstand so I have to look for someone to do that or do it myself...

In an earlier thread I posted some pics ( sorry for the thumbnails) Repro A-2 Jackets with Hard Use--Let's see yours! | Page 3 | Vintage Leather Jackets Forum

Smithy

Never handled one but they've always looked terrific in the photos that I've seen over the years and I've always thought they look better than a lot of other repros. There was one posted somewhere about a decade back (can't remember if it was here or somewhere else) which had obviously had a lot of wear and it looked spectacular and worthy of the "it looks just like an original" moniker.

You want to wear the snot out of that Burt, it'll look terrific.

B-Man2

I have the jacket partially restored i.e a new lining, knits and a genuine WW2 Talon. The lady I asked to do job couldn't fix the collarstand so I have to look for someone to do that or do it myself...

In an earlier thread I posted some pics ( sorry for the thumbnails) Repro A-2 Jackets with Hard Use--Let's see yours! | Page 3 | Vintage Leather Jackets Forum
Jack
That jacket looks damn nice . I must have missed seeing the collar stand problem . What seems to be wrong with it.?

B-Man2

Never handled one but they've always looked terrific in the photos that I've seen over the years and I've always thought they look better than a lot of other repros. There was one posted somewhere about a decade back (can't remember if it was here or somewhere else) which had obviously had a lot of wear and it looked spectacular and worthy of the "it looks just like an original" moniker.

You want to wear the snot out of that Burt, it'll look terrific.
Hey Tim
You and I are like twins from different mama’s;)
I completely agree with the wear the piss out of it philosophy.

jack31916

Jack
That jacket looks damn nice . I must have missed seeing the collar stand problem . What seems to be wrong with it.?
The pics were before having a new liner in it. The person I asked to do the new lining didn't have the right sewingmachine / needles so she couldn't fix the lining in the collarstand. Will be sorted. Nothing beats my old and faithful jacket but if I can find another size 46 or 48... ;)

Your jacket looks very nice. I know you have a warehouse full of jackets but you should give your Sefton some wear...

B-Man2

The pics were before having a new liner in it. The person I asked to do the new lining didn't have the right sewingmachine / needles so she couldn't fix the lining in the collarstand. Will be sorted. Nothing beats my old and faithful jacket but if I can find another size 46 or 48... ;)

Your jacket looks very nice. I know you have a warehouse full of jackets but you should give your Sefton some wear...
I really agree with you on that point Jack . Far too many jackets , but I accumulated them over a lot of years when they were readily available at rock bottom prices . The SEFTON is probably one of about 3 repros that actually has the drape and look of a period A2 when its being worn . You’re spot on, in that I need to put some wear time into it.
Cheers

Micawber

I had a Sefton A2 back in the day, wore it loads then sold it or exchanged it for some long gone piece of original kit ...and regretted it ever since. If that one Burt has now had fitted me it would still be here, fact is it didn't so now it has a worthy home with Burt.

:)