• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

been to NOBLE HOUSE recently

Thomas Koehle

Been to NOBLE HOUSE in the south of Germany right before Christmas to Support my son in law in purchasing a sheepskin jacket

Just a quick Impression of 3 jackets he tried on:

D1 - well on first sight the jacket looked about 80% accurate made with nice materials - actually considered to buy one but since i know that i mostly sell out NOBLE HOUSE stuff after some while i decided not to purchase one for me

l5db8vf.jpg

B3 - what a funny jacket - far far away from being an accurate copy or even a repop and the fit was horrible

Qfwh2B9.jpg

B6 - that's finally the jacket my son bought - the Discount on the listprice was 20% so he got a reasonable priced jacket for my taste - also accuracy ain't "topp of the Pops" but soso and my son isn't a real flightjacket addict anyway

IYPIgQY.jpg

busdrivermike

Ooooh I like that D1 , the length looks awesome and looks wooly enough for
My Alberta winters , that B3 makes me glad I bought my version from them
It might be ugly in comparison to an Eastman but not as ugly as that one, but
Still better then any store version I’ve seen
The B6 looks nice also looks very thick.
I would love to wander around their store and try their Battle of Britain RAF
And their version of the m44
Thank your for sharing these pics , I think that D1 might
Be on my list now

CBI

that looks like loads of fun! I like their jackets and I think it would be a blast to try loads of jacket on. Something that is not an option for 999999999% of us. I probably would not purchase a Nobel House online but I'll bet if I had the run of the place I could find a few jackets to take home!

adfrost

Look well made very warm flight jackets that 99.9% of people wouldn’t know the difference to what gets this forums juices flowing

Exactly my thoughts. These jackets look like they'll be amazing at doing exactly what a heavy winter jacket should - keeping you really toasty!

ties70

Thomas,

you know I was just kidding, right?

The quality of your A-2 from NH was far better than I expected it....

The quality of their sheepskin jacket looks quite nice, too, if only they would get the details right. I've checked their prices, and 500 EUR for the D-1 is below the competition but not exactly a super-dooper bargain, either...

Talking about "not a bargain"?

Have you seen that Pike's have re-issued their B-10 jackets? Makes market competition for this model even bigger...though I think they will have a hard time to convince people to spent twice as much as for a Dong or Bronson!

Ties

Thomas Koehle

Thomas,

you know I was just kidding, right?

Have you seen that Pike's have re-issued their B-10 jackets? Makes market competition for this model even bigger...though I think they will have a hard time to convince people to spent twice as much as for a Dong or Bronson!

Ties

Off coarse i know! :)

Even though i know Alex for quiet some time i sold off most of the stuff i bought from him coz of exactly the inaccuracies you're referring too.

Yeah - saw the reissue of the B10 on the PikesBrothers Newsletter. I saw some of the very early B10's back in the days in a shop in Stuttgart and was not really convinced. Now that the competition for B10s is getting more and more dense only the Hardliner-PB fans will buy from them as far as i expect ...

ties70

Usually, all PB jackets ended up in their "odds & ends" section...maybe then I will take a second look at the B-10.

Or maybe not, as the first looks already says "I don't like the collar shape...

Thomas Koehle

The jackets i saw (B10 in various sizes) and touched have been outfitted with rather flimsy knittings - back then i wasn't that deep into the Details but if i try on a jacket and the knitting is so light it even Shows wrinkles something is wrong

I'm really satisfied with their N1 but would not consider to buy a B10

Check a Peter Brabanders "Quartermaster Inspector" in Belgium - he is selling a reasonable priced repop in different sizes

ties70

Saint-Ex,

that teddy collar of the Brabander is F*ugly, of course, but that could be fixed easily!

Saint-ex

Thanks Thomas, I saw the QMI, the fake fur seemed too much fake compare to the PB.

I didn't care about the accuracy, I was looking for a warm, easy-to-wear jacket. This B-10 PB seemed to respond with its woolen lining and collar.

Edit: yes, we agree ties. My concerne is what is the better way ? Change knit on PB, or change collar on QMI ? :p

ties70

Thanks Thomas, I saw the QMI, the fake fur seemed too much fake compare to the PB.

I didn't care about the accuracy, I was looking for a warm, easy-to-wear jacket. This B-10 PB seemed to respond with its woolen lining and collar.

Edit: yes, we agree ties. My concerne is what is the better way ? Change knit on PB, or change collar on QMI ? :p

Saint-ex,

there might be a third option. Wait until ATF brings up their coming update of the B-10. It should be in the price range of the Brabander, but there is a higher chance that our fellow members from the US will buy them and have some reviews pretty fast.

Ties