• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be First to Get Your $110.00 USMC T-shirt

B-Man2

Seriously ??? ( Click on the link)

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://4xj9v.r.ag.d.sendibm3.com/mk/cl/f/1GUmhJe9MEzuyHmjVIZ0hR7IWdLTkHitNWUk2SnM4Mv6YzlnTvUc4nhT0stgV0_SOoV_IBjBtFZYBJwZAgj4bJvaTRobnuiIxX5xLPOxidbsEjebcJ2evk9HZMRjQxG6TXlrY0QoZ3e3VTQmptZfUAqPpoAspWsgQUCu6Ul5bCqWzqDc3JJ772mqfvIy4DQFuv2ZkQSJWH21ZCLU1f83QLrkbEFu5sSJuG6tvv6IPlwjVod6aAknw-1xChWBsNuv1I6DXgqKpOa_teHPnCIABkWlVd_a4AMM4yJdiQXTkO-P2I7i2AS0TDB8MLG8y0IKNXxmuCyC5xu69e0ih_NvDr7gt_Tp74yugHEj2xsTGncq9QtJQA&data=04|01||96bfd6b542b04607e49908d900e042d4|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637541785453614453|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0=|1000&sdata=W3e/anQAZoDLirH0NzDZqMCtICfW+wDemZ9FToYVycY=&reserved=0

E7BE0A47-7E38-4296-9738-F4B98B4C0AD9.png

Last edited:

B-Man2

Got it. I think had you said click on the link we might have got there quicker. All I saw was the picture and a raft of gibberish above it.

Are these superb Eastman versions Time Worn perhaps ?
I’m guessing that it’s the accurate stitch per inch count that puts them in their own category:rolleyes: . But while I’m a little taken back by ELC once again jacking us for a T-shirt that you can get on eBay for about 1/5 of their price , I’m sure others will have no issue with ELC and will justify the cost by rationalizing the thread count and quality of the T-shirt and the period correct color and pigment of the dye used and for the line by line accuracy of the art work . And that’s OK .
To each their own . As I always say “ It’s your money .... It’s your call.”

917_k

Seriously, this again? Why doesn’t someone just start a thread, where everyone can slag off Eastman in one place, rather than multiple threads on the subject.

Im no Eastman fanboy and have never bought anything directly from them (I own second hand ELC stuff), but I cannot get my head around the problem people seem to have with them. The $20 t shirt will be a fruit of the loom wholesale shirt with the design printed on, Eastman are selling a different product. They are marketing and selling a premium product, intended for an affluent market, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, frankly it makes good business sense and they’re obviously successful. Credit to Gary for creating a successful and desirable brand from what is frankly a pretty niche product.

Im not saying any clothing company should be free from criticism and you’re all obviously entitled to your opinion on the matter, but this is getting a bit tiresome.

Persimmon

To be fair it does get a bit tiresome when someone keeps pointing out this slagging of Eastman even though its easy for many to justify. Over and over and over and over again .....

Last edited:

I was montys driver

And yet realmccoys can sell plain t - shirts at ? Blah blah This is not some screen star hot press print ,it is the closest to an original out there and the attention to details these days cost i am afraid. At the end of the day its what you want or not ,i am thankful that someone is still prepared to bring out the best product if i can or not afford it

bn1966

Big fan of Eastmans here but I’m not paying that..get my T’s from Pike Bros these days.

ausreenactor

Seriously, this again? Why doesn’t someone just start a thread, where everyone can slag off Eastman in one place, rather than multiple threads on the subject.

Im no Eastman fanboy and have never bought anything directly from them (I own second hand ELC stuff), but I cannot get my head around the problem people seem to have with them. The $20 t shirt will be a fruit of the loom wholesale shirt with the design printed on, Eastman are selling a different product. They are marketing and selling a premium product, intended for an affluent market, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, frankly it makes good business sense and they’re obviously successful. Credit to Gary for creating a successful and desirable brand from what is frankly a pretty niche product.

Im not saying any clothing company should be free from criticism and you’re all obviously entitled to your opinion on the matter, but this is getting a bit tiresome.

The quality is never in question.

Same debate could be applied to a Real McCoy Japan A-2 now that FiveStar produce an 80% solution at 30% of the price...

Chandler

Doesn't this just follow the path of making things in "vintage" manner -- like selvedge jeans and heritage boots? The prices of those are pretty outrageous too.

That said, I'll look longer at heritage boots than I will at a "vintage" t-shirt. Don't even get me started on selvedge jeans.

B-Man2

Guys
I wanted to respond to some of your posts, not in a way that would cause a heated discussion, but rather to acknowledge that some of you have comments I’m in agreement with however, there are other comments I feel differently about and would like to share another point of view with you .In all instances I respect your opinions . The comments that Gary has created a brand that is successful and has employed an incredible marking strategy is spot on and Kudos to him for that . Additionally ELC does have every right and would be remiss if they didn’t grab as much of the cash on the table as they possibly could in their niche market . Lastly the opinions that ELC has absolutely no obligation to anyone but their own interests .. once again spot on . So here’s my opinion in response to some of the other comments, and they are not focused at anyone, there’s nothing personal and I’m not trying to piss off anyone .
First off with regard to the repetitive slagging
off of Eastman on this forum;
This forum is basically a forum of exchanges of information ,of facts , the sharing of thoughts and ideas about products and jackets but mostly an opinion generated forum. In that regard we all are free to share our opinions and thoughts with each other. If you disagree then so be it . No problem with that as it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to state it . If someone feels that a certain topic has been beat to death, that’s there opinion, once again no problem with that . However, whether it was me or some other guy or a newbie or whoever , someone would probably see this add and say “hey what’s up with this?” If that offends anyone then its probably best to just pass it by, because I can assure you as ELC continues to raise their prices to over $110.00 for a T-shirt , these types of posts will continue .
Most of the criticism of my post addressed things like, you can’t compare the quality of the shirts because of the materials utilized or the type of print or the brand or maker of the shirt etc, etc. A couple of comments referred to a low grade Fruit of Loom vs. a first class quality T-shirt from ELC that “was the closest to an original out there”
Once again not trying to piss anyone off but here are some things you may or may not know. If you grew up in the US anytime during the last 170 years you would know that Fruit of the Loom has been here in the US and was a premier maker of textile goods, and has been involved in the textile industry all of that time . The only reason I point this out is, that keeping in mind that these original shirts were produced in the US during the 1960s, there is a reasonably good chance that Fruit of the Loom or another US textile company had the original contract to produce these shirts . I can assure you the originals were not made from top quality Pima Cotton and that they were cheaply made during the 1960s. Once again my point is, if we are talking about having a T-shirt that closely replicates an original USMC of the 1960s it would not be a high thread count Egyptian cotton T-shirt, but rather a less expensive standard run of the mill T-shirt for use by a military organization sold at wholesale prices .
Which brings me to the next question of where was this shirt made ? In the UK? In the US ? I’m more inclined to believe that it was made in a foreign nation where costs are reduced and profit margins are high . Thus the crux of my post, which is; buying an item made by a company that has such a high profit margin and price like this, is kind of over the top .... in my opinion. Now as I said before to each their own . If you have the money and you like the shirt.... hey... have at it . For me it’s just too much . Now at this point let me suggest an idea ... Let’s do a review of both T-shirts to examine the differences between the $110.00 shirt and $19.00 shirt. I’ll order the EBay one, and if one of you other guys will order the ELC shirt , we can do a collaboration review of both shirts and post them here. Any volunteers ? .... Anyone ???....... Bueller?;)

Last edited: