• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bargain irvin???

MikeyB-17

I really like the look of these-personally I'm far more likely to buy an Irvin that colour than the usual shades. Sadly I don't have a pot to pee in-and it's far too hot for an Irvin right now.

Roughwear

I think this is a fantastic late War Irvin and I do hope Gary has a batch made to add to his Irvin range. The dull leather finish is far more authentic than the shinier surface on the 1940 and 1942 patterns.

Tim P

first Irvin I have seen that I really like. I am tempted as they have my size even though it is outside of my main area of interest... but I am strapped too., :(

Hawkeye

I love Irvins of all types, shapes, sizes and colours, but this one just doesnt do it for me. However, I love the late war jacket they do occasionally in the "normal" hide.

Roughwear

Despite have several originals, I have hit the button on a size 44. Larger sized late war Irvins are very rare and this one would make a nice daily wearer in colder weather and who can complain at the £345! I will post pics when the jacket arrives.

Geir

I bought a 1944 pattern the last time they were on sale. Mine was made from the same sheepskin they use for the prewar Irvin. It is a size 46 as I wanted a jacket that was big enough to wear with a heavy sweater. I really like the multipanel jackets and I thought about getting one of these in 44, but since I have just bought a new camera I hesitated and now the problem is solved. I hope they make this jacket a regular item, though.

Andrew

Roughwear said:
Despite have several originals, I have hit the button on a size 44. Larger sized late war Irvins are very rare and this one would make a nice daily wearer in colder weather and who can complain at the £345! I will post pics when the jacket arrives.

I can understand that. They do look great. No chance for me doing that though....

It is funny how you don't see many larger late Wars- perhaps the number of larger humans available for aircrew were also starting to be in short supply by the end...

Look forward to seeing the shots. I haven't seen one of theirs in the flesh but I have had one of the zippers to repair an original, which was disappointing but to be expected- had plastic parts at the ends and I ended up sending it back. If they could get a good repro lightning made that would be a huge improvement.

Roughwear

Leadsky said:
Roughwear said:

I can understand that. They do look great. No chance for me doing that though....

It is funny how you don't see many larger late Wars- perhaps the number of larger humans available for aircrew were also starting to be in short supply by the end...

Look forward to seeing the shots. I haven't seen one of theirs in the flesh but I have had one of the zippers to repair an original, which was disappointing but to be expected- had plastic parts at the ends and I ended up sending it back. If they could get a good repro lightning made that would be a huge improvement.

I know what you mean about the zips, especially the main one. It could easily be replaced with a Lightning.