• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bargain ANJ-4

Hawkeye

Something I picked up on ebay the other day, has not arrived yet. Size 38 ANJ-4, can't make out the full maker name on the label in the photo but its "Something Shoe co." Anyone be able to help with that one? Appears to be in reasonable shape with an old looking repair on the right chest. Strange thing is its fitted with a AM marked DOT zipper with a stopper box. All in all not bad for 35 pounds, though the shipping ended up costing more than the jacket :lol: Not expecting it to fit, though it would be nice since some of these were sized to fit over layers of clothing. More photos when it arrives.

d62f_1.jpg

BOBCfIgWkKGrHgoOKisEjlLl5Pu2BJsqNRb.jpg

be26_1.jpg

BNsh4-mkKGrHgoH-DQEjlLlt51ZBJq91bEc.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hawkeye said:
... can't make out the full maker name on the label in the photo but its "Something Shoe co." Anyone be able to help with that one?

Contract 43-13617 AF ARNOFF SHOE CO.,INC.

Roughwear

It is not uncommon to see USAAF shearling jackets fitted with a replacement British DOT AM main zipper as these were easy to obtain when stationed in the UK. I guess the original Talon must have failed. At least this jacket has a decent replacement zip, unlike one I briefly owned which had snap closures crudely applied to the windflap!

bombs away

deeb7 said:
Hawkeye said:
... can't make out the full maker name on the label in the photo but its "Something Shoe co." Anyone be able to help with that one?

Contract 43-13617 AF ARNOLD SHOE CO.,INC.

David,

Didn't you mean "ARNOFF SHOE" ? ;)

Very interesting jacket indeed.

Tim.

asiamiles

Hawkeye said:
Strange thing is its fitted with a AM marked DOT zipper with a stopper box. All in all not bad for 35 pounds

Except it may fall apart when worn, as my Arnoff did. :(

Hawkeye

asiamiles said:
Hawkeye said:
Strange thing is its fitted with a AM marked DOT zipper with a stopper box. All in all not bad for 35 pounds

Except it may fall apart when worn, as my Arnoff did. :(

Im sorry to hear that, was it the leather itself or the seams? I hope that wont be the case here.

asiamiles

Hawkeye said:
Im sorry to hear that, was it the leather itself or the seams? I hope that wont be the case here.
Looked absolutely fine, then I tried it on and...<tear>. The sheepskin was just gone, which is the case for a lot of these USN jackets whether due to the water, waterproofing or whatever. Fingers crossed your will be okay...at least there's a photo of it being worn, but then it has already been repaired, so who knows?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
Fingers crossed your will be okay...at least there's a photo of it being worn, but then it has already been repaired, so who knows?

Hawkeye's not bothered ... if it doesn't work out to well, he'll just sell the zipper.

Hawkeye

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:
Fingers crossed your will be okay...at least there's a photo of it being worn, but then it has already been repaired, so who knows?

Hawkeye's not bothered ... if it doesn't work out to well, he'll just sell the zipper.

:lol: If Asiamiles is right than that might be the only thing left worth salvaging

jacketimp

Hawkeye said:
deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:

:lol: If Asiamiles is right than that might be the only thing left worth salvaging

hey buddy, wanna make a fast bucko?

jacketimp

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:

now on offer on to forum members at $230.........is that the same one in the buy/sell section?