• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Badalassi leather jackets.

Cogerrunt

Wondered if anyone has ever ordered or seen an A2 with this leather. Or would it be too rigid. I've noticed that it's more familiar on the Japanese clothing sites.

Cogerrunt

Thanks for the info. So it's better suited for a civilian style. Maybe aero might have something. I'll give them a call.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Badalassi is a well known superb Italian tannery which makes different types/grades of leather with different features. Different thickness, different grain, different stiffness etc. This tannery makes fantastic leathers, absolutely gorgeous to my taste. Very like it.

Last edited:

Cogerrunt

Thanks for your information. I like the stuff I've seen on various Japanese clothing sites. Rich colours and a beautiful overall look to the leather.

mulceber

My BK Dubow is Badalassi. It’s definitely thicker than is standard for an A-2, but is a fantastic leather and is settling in nicely.

Attachments

• A2280D43-C1BB-40BB-93D7-037785F3F96F.jpeg
    A2280D43-C1BB-40BB-93D7-037785F3F96F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 695
  • 8617DF21-1777-432A-9F52-6815CD64477E.jpeg
    8617DF21-1777-432A-9F52-6815CD64477E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 581
  • 09A62F1A-BA31-4C2E-A1B8-F65D5ECC7582.jpeg
    09A62F1A-BA31-4C2E-A1B8-F65D5ECC7582.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 614

Ken at Aero Leather

Ooh, I didn’t know you stocked Badalassi, Ken.
We've had some off and on for ages, 6/7 years?, the leather is beautiful, stunning even, but on the downside we've always found it too stiff and rigid for garments..................even more so than CXFQHH.
Earlier this year we had all our remaining stocks of leather "reworked" by a british tannery. The results were spectacular. the few hundred feet we had we sold out very quickly.......every single sample sent out led to a sale, a ridiculously high ratio
Reworked Badalassi will be a regular option from now on http://instagr.am/p/B3SABIcAndQ/

ausreenactor

We've had some off and on for ages, 6/7 years?, the leather is beautiful, stunning even, but on the downside we've always found it too stiff and rigid for garments..................even more so than CXFQHH.
Earlier this year we had all our remaining stocks of leather "reworked" by a british tannery. The results were spectacular. the few hundred feet we had we sold out very quickly.......every single sample sent out led to a sale, a ridiculously high ratio
Reworked Badalassi will be a regular option from now on http://instagr.am/p/B3SABIcAndQ/
That's 'bad ass' Badalassi hashtagging.

Ken at Aero Leather

I'm not sure it's on the site, You might need to contact sales
We are close to launching a new site, the current site isn't getting updated as fast as we should
We are also close to closing our books for Xmas deliveries

John Lever

Stunning beautiful leather and a great jacket.
No one liked it when it was used by The Few over 10 years ago. My B2 was Badalassi. Same goes for Shink, funny that.

Last edited:

D97x7

Just dug out my BK swatch, must admit it's very nice, not sure why I never considered it before, suspect it was the bovine thing, I now know better.

Ken at Aero Leather

We've been trying to use Badalassi off and on for 6 or 7 years. (The best shoe trade steer on the market)
We've always found it too stiff and rigid for jackets, even more so than Chrome Excel 4oz Steer, more like Kudu.
The jackets wore the person rather than the person wearing the jacket
Now we've changed the hand, jackets made from the Badalassi we are using now hang, feel and wear very much like Vicenza