• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B6 Eastman and Goodwear question epaulet

kowalski

Hi All
I noticed the difference in sewing epaulet in GW vs Eastman
In Eastman epaulet they are sewn Next seam shoulder .In GW epaulet they are sewn On seam
Epaulet in Eastman of they go forward, roll off their shoulders

pics Eastman epaulet (roll in down )

https://www.eastmanleather.com/eastman-p-178.html

and pics GW epaulet

which is historically correct? does anyone make a mistake ? Maybe both are historically correct?
best regards
txs for help

Attachments

• epaulet.jpg
    epaulet.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

B-Man2

Hi Kolwalski
I think your answer may be that many of the Goodwear B-6 jackets are based on the Aero patern jackets and ELC ‘s are based on the Roughwear pattern. It’s the same with A2 jackets each manufacturers jackets have small differences from each other.

Grant

Since Rough Wear never had a B6 contract, it'd be interesting to learn what B6 Eastman based their RW pattern on.

MeachamLake

From ELC's website:

JACKET - Flying Type B-6 Rough Wear® Contract 17756

As they obviously own the trademark for RW, they could possibly "invent" new "original" contracts.... ;)

Yes - the ELC Rough Wear is a fantasy jacket. Bit of a shame how they try and pass it off as an original maker jacket, but it is what it is.

I will have to ask Rob to confirm which contract the B-6 they do is based on.

kowalski

I know that there are many purists :cool:for whom accuracy historically is important and every centimeter to the left or right is very matters;)
Difference is in a visible place unfortunately, it's hard to say me ...it's not important imho

Last edited:

MeachamLake

I know that there are many purists :cool:for whom accuracy historically is important and every centimeter to the left or right matters;)
this difference is in a visible place unfortunately, it's hard to say me ...it's not important imho

Absolutely. Having the "Eastman" label on the jacket rather than any specific named maker does absolve them of being 100% faithful to an original jacket anyway!

I can say with real confidence that the ELC B-6 is a superb jacket. You won't regret it if you get one!